• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Novus Aevum" - 14ltr

Re: "Novus Aevum" - 14ltr (New Toys)

chump54 said:
nice diffuser, looks good in the tank too :thumbup:

could I ask if you find you are getting smaller bubbles with it? what did you use before?

thanks, I've been eyeing those up for ages too :lol:

Chris

I was previously using a dennerle diffuser which was good but found last night that this new one provides a super fine mist. I'm not sure if it's because it's new but the signs are good. The only issue with it is the end that you put the co2 line on is rather wide, so needed to put the line in boiling water to loosen it up before pushing it on.

thanks,

Superman said:
I was previously using a dennerle diffuser which was good but found last night that this new one provides a super fine mist. I'm not sure if it's because it's new but the signs are good.
please keep us posted. :thumbup:

this is a great video
at about 4minutes 20 seconds you get a shot of the diffuser and bubbles are very fine indeed

Superman said:
The only issue with it is the end that you put the co2 line on is rather wide, so needed to put the line in boiling water to loosen it up before pushing it on.

sooooo, are you going to take the line off to clean the diffuser? :crazy:

Chris

I'll see how it goes with regards to cleaning the diffuser. The grey parts set is more flexible than the standard co2 line so hopefully everything will be fine. From my experiance co2 lines get a little stretched after being on for a while, so that should help.

Mid week update:

Things are going fine, most things are slowly turning bright green, rather than the dull green/brown colour previously.
I've managed to get a stable co2 quickly and still impressed with the fine mist created by the new diffuser.

The problem I need to sort out is the decaying plant matter below the good growth, so I'm trying to keep up with the water changes. If things don't go well, I might pull it out and get a new pot from the LFS. The main problem is the HC as it's the worst plant at the minute.

Hopefully, if I keep on top of things, I can pull it back. This tank is full of learning experience.

I'm still waiting for my delivery of Green Gain and Phyton Git, hopefully that'll come soon.

viktorlantos said:
nice one mate ;) just sent you a PM.
here is what i do with the ADA fertilizers on my tanks:

Brighty K 1ml (1push) / 20 liters / day
Step 2 1ml (1push) / 20 liters / day
For the large tank additonally:
ADA ECA 1 drop / 20 liters / day
Did not use ECA on the nano as i experienced more algae in a small enviroment with the extra iron.

At water changes to all of my tank i add the following:
ADA Green Bacter 1 drop / 10 liters
ADA Green Gain 1 drop / 10 liters
ADA Phyton Git 1 drop / 5 liters

ECA helped me to make great colors on plants and keep the iron stable. So no leaf yellowing.
Green Bacter keeps the bacterial colony on top every week, and clearing up the water a lot.
Green Gain makes better growth and helps plants to regenerate after pruning.
Phyton Git helps combat with algae, makes your Ferns in top shape and helps to keep clean your light decor sand (no algae on that at all). Also using these nowadays on wood decors before i add the wood to the setup.

cheers, :thumbup:

Viktor This is so useful to know! Thanks for posting this info! :thumbup:

andyh said:
Viktor This is so useful to know! Thanks for posting this info! :thumbup:
Viktor (and Dan & George) have been really helpful to me on the subject of ADA ferts. It's good to know people who use them before taking the plunge.
Most of the ADA literature is a bit of waffle at times and it's great to know people with first hand experience with the products.

Superman

I couldn't agree more some dam good advice from the ukaps boys!

So, two weeks of using the ADA ferts and things are going great.

I pulled out all my plants as I wanted a fresh start. I also removed the front two rocks to give me more planting room for the HC.

So two pots each of HC and HM purchased from AquaJardin and they're going well so far.

The diffuser is still going well, there's a slight green algae spot on it but that was there after the replant.

I'm still waiting for the ADA Green Gain and Phython Git.

Superman said:
So, two weeks of using the ADA ferts and things are going great.

I pulled out all my plants as I wanted a fresh start. I also removed the front two rocks to give me more planting room for the HC.

So two pots each of HC and HM purchased from AquaJardin and they're going well so far.

The diffuser is still going well, there's a slight green algae spot on it but that was there after the replant.

I'm still waiting for the ADA Green Gain and Phython Git.

Hey superman glad to here ADA products going well for you too. I have used them on both my scapes to great success!

I am really interested in the results you get with Green Gain and Phython Git, keep us posted once you get them! :thumbup:

Cracking little nano tank you've put together there. Also, it's good to see someone documenting some experience with the ADA fert range as I'm considering this over TPN+ for my next project. :thumbup:

On a different note, I visited Aquajardin in Gloucester recently and was surprised at the quality of the planted tanks that they have running there. Especially the nano using UG to great effect.. Great shop with staff that are actually interested in the planted side of the hobby! :clap:

Back on topic... Any new pics?

Wow, 22 pages of this journal!

Dan Walter said:
Cracking little nano tank you've put together there. Also, it's good to see someone documenting some experience with the ADA fert range as I'm considering this over TPN+ for my next project. :thumbup:
Thanks Dan, I always found that ADA ferts seem to get a mixed reception from people, so thought I'd give them a try.

I received the Green Gain and Phython Git and added a drop of each today, I'll be doing as Viktor does, 1 drop each at water change time.

Dan Walter said:
On a different note, I visited Aquajardin in Gloucester recently and was surprised at the quality of the planted tanks that they have running there. Especially the nano using UG to great effect.. Great shop with staff that are actually interested in the planted side of the hobby! :clap:
I love AquaJardin, I've been chatting to Edward there a bit more recently and he's got some big plans for the shop. I hope they come to fruition.

Dan Walter said:
Back on topic... Any new pics?
Note at the minute sorry! I'm waiting for the new plants to fully bed in, there's a small amount of die back in the HC but all is going better than before. Although the moss isn't doing that well, so thinned it out a bit.

So a lots happened since my last post!

Me and my wonderful girlfriend have moved in together and bought a brand new house in Cheltenham. The move in date was a surprise as we were given two weeks notice to move in on the 18th December!

The move went well and the tank moved without too much fuss. Although the plants didn't like me not looking after them in the weeks upto the move and the week after when I had time to move the tank.

So, the iwagumi is no more, I learnt that the water flow behind the right rock wasn't enough so the plants didn't florish. Today, I'd gone to aquajardin for the plants and used some old extra small
pieces if borneo driftwood from AE.

It's now a triangular style scape, with dwarf hairgrass around the triangle floor. Some mini lanscape rock to give the scape some depth. The p. helferi for the mid, some high grass at the back left with rotala sp green at the back. On the three pieces of wood is Christmas moss.

I'm really pleased but can't show photos as I don't have a proper net connection yet in my new house. Thank god for the iPhone!

Superman said:
It is no longer my tank, I sold it when I moved house.

I'm missing it.

Ah shame, do you remember what your diffuser came with in the box? Just wondering as I'm thinking of ordering the 10D version.

I now own this great bit of kit :) currently very mossy wood, b.japonica background plant and hair grass either sides with that nano looking version of glossos can't remeber the name of it, ada substrates ada ferts :) and a very sexy deffuser ... :) I have been tempted to sell the lot because I was recently laid off but I'm determined to hang onto it as I know ill kick myself if I don't.

Luketendo said:
Superman said:
It is no longer my tank, I sold it when I moved house.

I'm missing it.

Ah shame, do you remember what your diffuser came with in the box? Just wondering as I'm thinking of ordering the 10D version.

With the music glass diffuser, you got the box and the diffuser - nothing more. I bought the ADA co2 tube set which complimented it great. Both are worth every penny.

Does it not come with an suction cups for the diffuser? I'll probably end up with the suction cup set anyway, although £14 is a bit steep. It is ADA though aha.

Back