• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Novus Aevum" - 14ltr

Well, at least they made a good job of cleaning up the algae before they popped their cloggs. :p Nah, sorry about the shrimp but at least you're left with some anyways, hopefully they'll give you some offspring.

Looking forward to some photos, hope you had a good break. ;)

are you using a solenoid? if so you may need a non return valve in-between the diffuser and bubble counter for when it switches co2 off

SteveUK said:
I've found I sometimes get syphoning back evein with the gas on :rolleyes:

really?...is that possible?

with a constant flow of gas, surely water couldn't back up. interesting to say the least

hi clark,
i had the same with a glass non return valve,until i broke it :lol: .plastic one works fine.
why not just put the plastic one back on.not as nice looking i know.

Hey Clark,
can I ask a quick technical question, what size tubing have you used with the fluval 105, also what lilly pipes have you used? Hope your getting some good results with the CO2

Thanks Tom

Quick update...

I've broken down my 180ltr this weekend and so took in the fish from that tank to the LFS.
In the exchange, I got 6 Sundadanio Axelrodi sp. blue and 2 Cherry Shrimps.
They're beautiful fish and have already settled into the tank.

I'm still having trouble keeping the nano glassware clean and can't find any pipe cleaners anywhere.

I might get a few more when I've seen them over the next few weeks.

Superman said:
Feeding time...

n567487362_2530288_4575687.jpg

Clark, nice shrimp you've got there. Been trying to source this myself for a while. However, the CRS you are getting is not as high grade as you think they might be. The grading doesn't depend just on the red banding pattern, it also depends on the intensity of the white and red band. S grade and above have less than 3 red stripes. There is 4 red stripes on this one which makes it an A grade shrimp. The other pictures of the shrimp though they have the V shape pattern in the middle band and the no entry sign on their back, the white band is not intense which then makes it fall into an A grade too.

Just thought I post the correction. Would be a problem if they start breeding and then sold them under the wrong grading. :D

They are indeed tricky little critter to take care off. I never had problem keeping shrimp alive while I was in south wales but ever since I've been in stock I just failed miserably. I can't even keep japonica shrimp alive in my tank. I've tried about 60 CRS at the moment and they all died... Think I will try again when I'm in manchester. Too bad there is not many sellers now compare to what it was 1 year ago. I used to be able to get it directly from private breeder in japan at a relatively cheap price but even that is not a viable option now.

Back