• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Now is a good time to find PYO Oak branches for Aquascaping

dw1305

Expert
UKAPS Team
Hi all,
Because we've had some breezy weather (and the crops are still pretty short) it is a good time to find fallen dead wood, and particularly the Oak (Quercus spp.) heartwood from <"Stag-headed Oaks"> (like below).

2430301_1e694692-jpg.jpg

You may also be able to find wind thrown trees with exposed root-plates, and roots are also <"really hard and rot resistant">.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,
Because we've had some breezy weather (and the crops are still pretty short) it is a good time to find fallen dead wood, and particularly the Oak (Quercus spp.) heartwood from <"Stag-headed Oaks"> (like below).

2430301_1e694692-jpg.jpg

You may also be able to find wind thrown trees with exposed root-plates, and roots are also <"really hard and rot resistant">.

cheers Darrel

I intend to go on the hunt this weekend!

where would one find such trees? I'd like to collect some hardscape! within a couple hours of london please!

Slightly off topic, has anyone tried Twisted Hazel? Some details here.

My parents are about to have one out and thought about preparing parts for aquascaping. As its fresh and would take a lot of effort to prep so wanted any thoughts before it takes the plunge...

Back