• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Now my Hygrophila...

jameson_uk

My frogbit seems to have bounced back but now I am seeing quite bad patches of leaves in my Hygrophila Siamensis. I have always had a few leaves like this which I have removed but it seems worse than ever now.

This is nutrient deficiency? (I have been dosing more and more attempting to get the frogbit to pick up). The frogbit is not probably cutting a little light to these leaves but this isn't a lack of light is it?

4f8bf09d0020d3b69efb068c6c67d4f6.jpg

Looks like a type of disease to me. Have you tried to use active charcoal for detox?

I personally use green gain and phyton-gyt to prevent plant disease and stress. They are good products and worth the investment.

Looks like a type of disease to me. Have you tried to use active charcoal for detox?

I personally use green gain and phyton-gyt to prevent plant disease and stress. They are good products and worth the investment.
This picture is of leaves near the bottom of the plant and I don't think they would get exposed at all during a 50% water change and if they did it would only be briefly

I agree with Hogan I had the same issue with 53b and it spread to other plant species too. I added extra po4 in the form of k2so4 along side the general macro dosing.

Hi
Could be Potassium and Phosphate shortage!
hoggie
I agree with Hogan I had the same issue with 53b and it spread to other plant species too. I added extra po4 in the form of k2so4 along side the general macro dosing.
Potassium, phosphorus and magnesium. Lack of the last one will also most probably cause the inability to bond N and C to form the chlorophyll - even if nitrogen will be present in the tank, it won't be fully utilised and this will cause the necrosis (which we see on the leaves).

Back