• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nutrient deficiency Help required!

Donovan

Hello everyone.
I need a little help in identifying what kind of deficiency these plants are showing.
The tank has 30 ppm nitrates.
Dosing about 2.8 ppm phosphate
16 ppm K
1.5 ppm Mg.
I have soft water with a TDS around 50. I haven't checked the GH/KH of the water yet.
I mix a little borewell water which I know is high in Ca to avoid any Ca deficiencies.
I'm not sure about the concentration of Micros I'm dosing as its not mentioned on the bottle of fert I'm using.
Drop checker is dark Green but however much I increase the Co2 it remains that colour.
Water change about 45% per week.
It's a high light setup with alot of plants.
I'm using Tropica Aquasoil.
If someone would be kind enough to help me out cause I'm really struggling to figure this out.

Attachments

• 20201127_111740.jpg
    20201127_111740.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 224
  • 20201127_111732.jpg
    20201127_111732.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 175
  • 20201127_111719.jpg
    20201127_111719.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 170
Hi all,
It looks like an iron (Fe) deficiency. Have a look at @Keys_Tanks <"Why are my plants....."> thread.
I have soft water with a TDS around 50. I haven't checked the GH/KH of the water yet.
I mix a little borewell water which I know is high in Ca to avoid any Ca deficiencies.
All Toninas requires KH 1/3, GH max 7 also co2 minimum 30 ppm
Because of the plants you have (Tonina fluviatilis etc.) just don't add any borehole water for the next few water changes. Plants need little calcium (Ca) and it can interfere with the uptake of magnesium (Mg) and iron (Fe). The bicarbonate ion (HCO3-) will also tend to cause iron to precipitate out as iron carbonate and pH above pH7 allows the formation of <"insoluble iron hydroxide">.
I'm not sure about the concentration of Micros I'm dosing as its not mentioned on the bottle of fert I'm using.
Dose the iron separately, once you've reduced the amount of Ca++ and HCO3- ions in the water FeEDTA should do as a chelator.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Hello Darrel.
Thankyou for the swift reply.
I will do a water change tomorrow and I wont add any borewell water henceforth.
Also I have Dtpa and Eddha which I mix. I just got these powders and I will start dosing them on a regular basis.
Thankyou for you're reply.

Regards
Donovan

Hello Darrel,
Thankyou for the reply.
I will update you in a while with how the plants look.
Thankyou again.
Regards
Donovan

Hi Donovan.. I too am from India.. coimbatore in tamil nadu. Where r u from? How r ur plants doing now? Can u post some pics? Cheers and thanks.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hello,
It will take some time for the plants to show some improvement.
The new leaves have just sprouted and are looking slightly better.
Will post a few pics once they have grown a little.
I'm from Mumbai btw.
Regards
Donovan

Back