• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nutrient deficiency or something eating my plants?

Montyas

Seedling
Hi all!

I’m hoping someone can tell me if I have a nutrient deficiency or if something is nibbling at my plants.

The worst affected seems to be the plant in the photos, I don’t actually know what it’s called but I also have Hygrophlia corymbosa thailand that new growth is being affected on too.

I’ve recently managed to get brown algae/diatoms under control after a year of trying and I’m ecstatic. But now I can see somethings either eating them or I have a deficiency.

Nutrient deficiency seems unlikely as I dose EI but I also don’t believe any of my fish should be eating them either.

I have, Cherry barbs, Rummy nose terra true Siamese Algae eater, Pair of Kribensis and purple harlequin rasbora. I have tried watching the tank for long periods of time but never see them nibbling!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Attachments

• 94AFEE0C-4E5E-4150-9CB4-A7BE2C9CEC9D.jpeg
    94AFEE0C-4E5E-4150-9CB4-A7BE2C9CEC9D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 297
  • 5D101802-3111-46BA-9718-4FD1DB47BED1.jpeg
    5D101802-3111-46BA-9718-4FD1DB47BED1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 123
That’s a shame, I quite enjoyed watching them. Sounds like I need to consider rehoming them as I enjoy the plants more.

From watching, they do seem to be the only fish picking at the leafs, they just don’t look like they’re pulling them apart or doing damage how I expected to see.

Thank you for your reply!

I do give them a algae wafer every 3 days or so, you’re right though. I will try upping it to everyday and see how they get on before doing anything drastic. Since I have got algae somewhat under control recently it is starting to make a lot of sense

Back