• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

OASE 600t vs 850t

Raws69

Hi

currently running an Oase 600 thermo with a vortech mp10 to help with circulation of flow in my ea900 freshwater tank. I understand the 850t is interchangeable with the 600t filter, but has anyone any experience of the actual difference in performance, as from what I’ve read it’s marginal. My aim is to see if I can just use the 850t pump and remove the mp10 as even on its lower setting it’s affecting the plants.

cheers

Hi

currently running an Oase 600 thermo with a vortech mp10 to help with circulation of flow in my ea900 freshwater tank. I understand the 850t is interchangeable with the 600t filter, but has anyone any experience of the actual difference in performance, as from what I’ve read it’s marginal. My aim is to see if I can just use the 850t pump and remove the mp10 as even on its lower setting it’s affecting the plants.

cheers

I run the 850 head on a a 600 body, its an identical fit. It's hard to estimate the flow difference in the absence of a proper way to quantify, but I would estimate a 20-25% increase in line with the difference in spec - though of course neither get anywhere near their rated maximum flow specs when in normal use. i suspect it might not be enough to replace the extra flow your MP10 provides.

Back