• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oase 850 bio master

tdc999

Hi
I have the Oase 850 filter up and running and all is OK.

I want to check on the pre filter soon.
I cannot find the info as to whether the pump needs to be unplugged from the mains before removing the filter.
My thoughts are yes.
Any help on this appreciated.

Hi
I have the Oase 850 filter up and running and all is OK.

I want to check on the pre filter soon.
I cannot find the info as to whether the pump needs to be unplugged from the mains before removing the filter.
My thoughts are yes.
Any help on this appreciated.
Yeah pretty sure. I turn off the filter, close the input/output, then slide open and remove prefilter.

Hi

i have the 600t, as Sammy states you need to switch off the thermo (if you gave this) for 5 mins, then the pump. Then unlock the in/out which closes off the tubes, then unlock the pre-filter.

Hi
thanks for the replies.

I thought there may have been some mechanism that shuts off the water when the pre- filter is unlocked.
I was wondering, the tank has been running for 11 days should I leave cleaning the filter for a while.

My routine, is pre filter weekly and then give the full filter a clean every month, with tubing glassware etc.

Hi
thanks for the replies.

I thought there may have been some mechanism that shuts off the water when the pre- filter is unlocked.
I was wondering, the tank has been running for 11 days should I leave cleaning the filter for a while.
If its all new and you are cycling etc then i wouldn't clean the main filter for atleast a month probably 2. you can clean the prefilter whenever you want, but until your plants are growing well and fish are happy i wouln't clean inside.

Back