• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oase Biomaster 250 - Heater does not fit

Putney

I bought a second had Biomaster thermo 250 and then I went out and got a Oase 200 heater (didn’t have the 150 and the size seemed to be the same)

When I try to slot in the heater to the adapter fitted to the filter it does not fit. I even tried it without the adapter and it seemed too be too wide for it to go down into the canister

Is this because the 200 is wider than the 150? which I think is the standard heater for biomaster 250 or

does the biomaster require a different type of heater?

The diameter of the heaters is consistent at 23mm throughout the range. How old is the filter? Maybe the specs have changed.

Anyone know if another heater would work with this or a work around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havent contacted Oase just yet but found a possible hack to fit a new heater

Heaeter fits fine into the main canister

IMG_6693.jpg

Only issue is that it stopped by these little plastic edges that can be files down a little and also the adapter itself
IMG_6694.jpg
IMG_6697.jpg

My solution is to order a new adapter and make that opening a little bigger

All I need to know is if the new adapter is the same size as this one. 3.5cm

IMG_6700.jpg

Any thoughts of adivice welcome.

Do you have the air tight collar the heater fits into as the one in the pic dont look right it does not have the locking wing bits that turns into the filter to lock it in place

I dont have a collar as such. I'm not sure how the heater is connected to the adapater.
Looking at some of the unboxing vids it seems people usually have the adapter connected to the heater. Is that sealed or you can pull it out of the adapter?

IMG_6702.jpg
IMG_6701.jpg

View attachment 153334

That won't work bud!
You cant close the filter head because of the heater cable!
hoggie

Oh i dont plan to close it inside.

This is the canister lid with little groves to prevent the larger objects.
img_6694-jpg.jpg
IMG_6699.jpg

will file them down and just need to replace the adapter/collor sleve. I'm just hoping the new adaper is the same size as the old one.

I jsut wanted to see if the heater will go down without any other restrictions.

I thought the same but considering the lid also has a smaller diameter I’m pretty sure I’ll break the heater if I put more force. Will update when I new one arrive

Guys you are right. After fiddling about and after I cleaned everything it just went through. I think the seal on the adapter stiffened up or something and was adding allot of pressure to the heater glass, I was sure it would break but the water must have soften it up. It’s all working and fitting perfectly.

Thanks for you suggestions. Really helped
c41bbbfe07e7a2e42d0f85b349d8cec4.jpg

Back