• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oase Biomaster 600 inlet & outlet

Fuzzy Shaq

Hi everyoneI currently have a 200 litre planted tank with inline Co2 injection and high lighting. I have a new biomaster thermo 600 arriving today.
I'm wondering what would be the best location for inlet and outlet? In the past I've always kept them on opposite sides, however since I'm now dealing with Co2 I'd like to optimise the flow
I also have a eheim surface skimmer.
Would having the filter outlet and inlet in the same corner or should I use the spray bar?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Green aqua suggests a lily pipe over a spray bar, and both positioned on the same short edge of the tank.

but many members here use a spray bar from what I see, angled slightly up.

Thanks swyftfeet 👍, was getting confused on what's best. I'll follow green aqua they know what there doing.

Thanks swyftfeet 👍, was getting confused on what's best. I'll follow green aqua they know what there doing.
I think their reasoning on the lily pipe is primarily driven around having an inline CO2 or Reactor. The flow coming from a lily pipe seems to keep the CO2 suspended better. but I am betting if you put your diffuser under the lily outlet it would carry those little bubbles better through the tank. I think the flaring of the output creates some pretty interesting eddys in the water.

full disclosure, I dont have CO2 or a Lily pipe or have I integrated my canister yet., I just watch more videos than is healthy.

I understand that makes sense else with a in tank diffuser @swyftfeet. I've got an inline connected to the outlet hose, I just set up my new filter with a spray bar on the side (pointing straight) avoiding too much surface agitation. The flow is amazing, can actually see the leaves do a complete circular flow . The stem plants are being blown all over,.
It's very difficult to decide @Hufsa which school of thought to choose. So many differing opinions, best to find a way which works for you. It's the same with ferts eg Ada and EI. Have seen a lot of Ceg4048 comments in the forum, very blunt but gives good information lol

Back