• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oase BioMaster cleaning tips

MrClockOff

Hi all,

hope everyone is well.

Straight to the matter :) I was recently cleaning my Oase BioMaster Thermo 850 for second time since I bought it. I'm very pleased with the way it's built which allows easy access almost everywhere. Makes cleaning straightforward. But there is only one bit which I'm not sure how to clean inside and hope someone may have a tip. It's a C shape plastic bit which is between hose and intake pipe and another between hose and outflow. See the attachment and red circle.

I'm using one of there Amazon product ASIN B095C27WD7 but it seems to stiff to bend 90 degrees...

How do you clean it?

Attachments

• oase-replacement-suction-set-external-filter-1-pc-109248-en.jpg
    oase-replacement-suction-set-external-filter-1-pc-109248-en.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 190
Hi =) Firstly, you don't want your filter too clean as that's where most of the amonia munching bacteria hang out (learnt that the hard way when I zealously cleaned my filter, crashed my cycle and lost half my fish to ich!)). Sure, keep the sponges clean so you don't impede flow but if you need to, one of those bendy pipe cleaner brushes will get the worst off.

Poundland may still have a set of similar to above brushes but very flexible with a very long length wiring hardly any rigidity .Should be ideal if they still have them,ideal for hose cleaning to

Back