• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oase Biomaster flow control info please

Scorpio1646

Hi, I'm interested in purchasing an Oase Biomaster 600T. It's essential that i have a flow control through my lilypipes because I breed German Blue Rams and have to reduce the flow wne the wrigglers start swimming. Is there a variable output flow control on this filter? I don't mean the output control through the spray bar because I don't use one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yes you can turn the flow down by twisting the round tubing connectors. Like with all filters I donot think it’s wise to go below 50% though.

you could also change it to 12mm tubing to reduce flow further if you wish.

A spin type outlet will also help. Giving full power but a soft flow if that makes sense....!

Curious about this as well... I don't understand what you mean by "round tubing connectors"... could you explain/add a picture?

Also, the only thing I could find when searching "Spin type outlet" is a flow regulator from Oase that seems to be for a pond pump (see link). Is this what you mean?

Many thanks,
C
Yes you can turn the flow down by twisting the round tubing connectors. Like with all filters I donot think it’s wise to go below 50% though.

you could also change it to 12mm tubing to reduce flow further if you wish.

A spin type outlet will also help. Giving full power but a soft flow if that makes sense....!

they just mean the blue dials on the inflow and outflow pipes, which are part-closing valves. But those pipes won't be used if you replace with your own lily pipes
46527_43747fc5-982e-433a-9be4-96f97030731a.jpg

Spin type outlet
IMG_6831.jpeg

Image courtesy of our sponsor @Horizon Aquatics
Most of our sponsors will stock this type of outlet pipe.

The water “spins” around the glass ring before finding its way out either side, thus reducing the impact of the flow entering the aquarium.

Reducing the impact of the flow shouldn’t be confused with reducing the flow. This won’t lower the amount of water that your filter is pushing out. It will just the dampen force of the flow (if that makes sense). It’s a win win really, good flow, gentle water movement.

Back