• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oase BioMaster Thermo External Filter

Thanks for the replies. I'm curious though... The filter comes with the bottom two trays filled with their biological media.
Isn't it down there so it can tumble around a bit in the more turbulent water?
Wouldn't it make sense to keep biological media down there and then the foams and (and chemical media) in the upper racks like it comes from the factory?
I have a tub of Seachem Matrix that I could use if that is better than the stock media?

Thank you, I did see on that website today. I can’t decide on which size to get to go on my Ada 60p.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a world of water near to you they'll price match that website and you can have one off the shelves. It'll be easier if anything goes wrong with it vs an online retailer. Just depends how far from one you are as to whether its worth it.

Is this fixable? Just bought it 2nd hand and had it delivered and I’m when I opened the parcel is discovered it like this .
fb33a6838b84593574a95d706a3218e9.jpg

It’s getting sorted under warranty now. Thanks though.

Has anyone with the air bubble issue solved it? After initial setup, it was spraying bubbles but that seemed to subside. It was doing great for weeks but the problem has started up again recently.

My pre-filter tube has been drilled with many more holes as in PondGuru's video. I clean the pre-filter once per week minimum, sometimes twice. Media order from bottom to top is: 30ppi blue sponge, 45ppi orange sponge, eheim substrat pro in all the rest of the trays, purigen in the top.

I called customer support and they had me take apart the filter, check for obstructions to the impeller and send them a photograph of the filter head. A couple weeks later, I was going to call them for a follow-up since I never heard back after sending them the photo, but a new filter showed up on my doorstep. It looks like the exact same model -- not with the modified impeller cover I've seen posted in this thread so it seems I'm back at square one, but now I've got 2 filters that blow bubbles.

Filter is up and running now, great filter only problem I find is I got to set thermostat to around 27c to get it to sit at 23c, any one else have this problem? It a 350 biomaster on a 60p tank.

Filter is up and running now, great filter only problem I find is I got to set thermostat to around 27c to get it to sit at 23c, any one else have this problem? It a 350 biomaster on a 60p tank.

You have to readjust the reading in the thermostat. It's explained in the filter instructions

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

You have to readjust the reading in the thermostat. It's explained in the filter instructions

Thanks for the info, I bought the heater 2nd so not instructions but I will search google for some information on how to do it.

Thanks for the info, I bought the heater 2nd so not instructions but I will search google for some information on how to do it.

You hold the top blue (I think) ring and with a flat screwdriver you turn the screw at the top of the thermostat until you reach the current tank temperature

Hi guys,

Need your opinion.

I have a Eheim Pro 250 T second hand. Now i think he is getting noisy and I think the flow rate is weak.

I´m thinking to change for an OASE BIOMASTER 350T (my tank dimensions 60x45x40) and I think the 350 will be worth it compared to the 250. It's a bit more expensive just and I get a more powerful filter.

It´s a good filter? Did anyone have flood issues or other problems? Will the 350 be too strong for my tank?

Thanks a lot for your help!!

I’ve got the biomaster 600 on a similar sized tank and have also used a 350 on it.

The 350 is good but the 600 would be my choice. The 250 will be a bit low assuming you are using co2.

Thanks for your opinions.

I'll get the 350. What do you think about the filter, is it safe? Has anyone had problems with water leakage? Is it silent?

I am thinking to remove all sponges and put MATRIX in all baskets, is that correct?

Thanks again !!

Quick question :). Does anyone actually use the basket cover that comes with the Biomaster for the top basket? I seem to have lost mine somewhere so I'm wondering whether it's really needed if I'm running floss in the top basket.

Cheers

Johnny

Quick question :). Does anyone actually use the basket cover that comes with the Biomaster for the top basket? I seem to have lost mine somewhere so I'm wondering whether it's really needed if I'm running floss in the top basket.

Cheers

Johnny

Complete new guy here, but I was recently emailing with Oase about their updates to the Biomaster, and they stated that the vent, along with the cover are what remedy the gas purging issue. The cover helps keep floss/media from getting pushed into the impeller. Obviously I have no hands-on experience though as to it's effectiveness without the cover.

Back