• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oase BioMaster Thermo External Filter

Just got mine and setting it up, stupid question, with the plastic helix media I presume you cut the bag that it's in and throw that away?

I just cant get mine to start, I have removed one sponge from the pre-filter and one sponge (2nd from bottom) from the main canister but no joy. Any tips please?

The way I do it after cleaning the filter:
- Fill with water the prefilter cylinder up to 3/4
- put it back in the canister
- press the big blue knob fully 5 to 10 times
- switch on the pump
- if the flow doesn't start, keep the pump on and press the blue knob fully few times until it start.
- if not working, switch off the pump, ensure both prefilter and hose connector blue locks are fully closed.
- again repeat the process

Thanks for your help. I have now just got it going but traced it back to the hard plastic piece that goes over the tank glass for the IN pipe! For some reason with this fitted it just doesn't have enough suction. I've tried it on max and min but no difference. So now I have the clear straight plastic in pipe pushed into the flexible piping. I just need to make sure this join is more secure.

Personally I’d even go bigger and get the 600.

I run this on a 100L and as @SDIESEL77 says it is not overkill.

it is not that much extra in price and you will not have to change the prefilter sponges to the courser ones so will help pay for the extra cost.

saying that defo not the 250. I’d suggest this for a 60-P max.

Ps. Forgot to say we run a 350 on a 100L tank also. it is fine but I’d prefer the 600.

on your 130L I’d always go for the 600. Assuming high energy co2.

That filter will go upto 200L so perhaps future proofing a bit also :)

What’s the water flow like using this filter? Reports of poor water flow in the pre filter cannister. Any comments on this anyone?

I have been running the 600 for 8 days now and think it's awesome. I have drilled extra holes in the prefilter tube, i also use the corse prefilter foam and the flow from the lilly pipe is definitely strong. Solid build quality and doesnt make any weird noises (apart from the heater operation) and in general is very quiet.

I've just read through this thread. I want to upgrade my ageing Eheim 2028 with a canister that has an easily removable pre-filter - I've had enough of having to completely disassemble my Eheim on a regular basis to clean it (it has no pre-filter) - so I'm considering this Oase 600 or the Fluval G6.

Have the issues reported in this thread - of the leaking seals and air ingress - been fully resolved with the amended head design?

Back