• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oase FiltoSmart Thermo 100 - How to reduce flow?

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if you can reduce the flow rate on the Oase FiiltoSmart Thermo 100, I think it is a little bit too strong for my tank!

Thank you!

How big is your tank? This quoted output on the filter is a lot higher than the actual output.
However if you really wanted to reduce flow you could simply add filter floss to a few baskets, cram it full of biomedia, but not sure why you'd want too.
My biomaster 250 is rated to 900lph and I used it on a 55l tank, flow wasn't anywhere near being overpowering. It certainly wasn't filtering nearly 20x the tank volume.

How big is your tank? This quoted output on the filter is a lot higher than the actual output.
However if you really wanted to reduce flow you could simply add filter floss to a few baskets, cram it full of biomedia, but not sure why you'd want too.
My biomaster 250 is rated to 900lph and I used it on a 55l tank, flow wasn't anywhere near being overpowering. It certainly wasn't filtering nearly 20x the tank volume.

My tank is 45 litres, the output of the filter is 600 lph, I just to reduce it because I think my chilli rasboras are struggling a little bit, maybe I am over thinking it a bit aha. Thank you for the advice I am going to get some filter floss and see what happens.

As @Steve Buce says the supplied inlet/outlet has flow adjustment built into them, if using different inlets/outlets then I've just added a simple inline flow control valve to the outlet side.
If you just search '13mm In-Line Valve' then you will see plenty of options, Hozelock just repackage one although their pictures tell a different story which is an 'Antelco 13mm Green Back In-Line Valve' and cheaper.

Back