• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oase Optimax Pump 1000

klolyn

Have ordered this for a water change process and can anyone advise what size hose connector is on the top? 16/22 or 16/16 or regular garden hose? I need to order 10m of hose (to reach from water source)

Thanks

Keith

@Niton Hose came today. Used it to syphon off most of the tank water and when I plugged it into the Oase Optimax 1000, it couldn't even get the water up and over the bath lip. let alone along the hose (10m x 16/22) into the tank. utter pants, don't bother with it

That sounds most odd. Are you sure there wasn’t an air bubble stuck in between water in the hose.

I only ask as I used to use the eheim 1000 pump and that used to do that.

I now use the eheim compact 3000 (scaled down to 16/22) and it does the same. When a bubble is stuck in between the water in the hose it cannot push any water up beyond a few inches.

ive not personally used the oase 1000 though.

May be worth taking a video and sending it to oase?

@Niton Hose came today. Used it to syphon off most of the tank water and when I plugged it into the Oase Optimax 1000, it couldn't even get the water up and over the bath lip. let alone along the hose (10m x 16/22) into the tank. utter pants, don't bother with it

That's a real shame. George's video mentions him using a 10 metre hose. Are you trying to pump from upstairs to downstairs or are the tank and water source on the same level?

I think George uses some sort of clip to fasten the hose. Maybe your fit isn't tight enough?

Swapped out the sump pump for the oase 1000 and got Georges system going ok. i may be able to use the 1000 as a dry pump to hoover out the sump chambers periodically.....

Next time, when completed the syphon process, I will bung the hose to trap the water and connect the Oase 1000 to see if it works. There almost certainly was an air gap in the hose when trialled for the first time. Bath source and tank are on the same level (bungalow) and approx 10m apart. It may be near the pumps height limit at approx 1.5m from FFL to tank lip. I will let you know how it goes. my sump pump didnt have any snags, i had to turn that down to min setting to stop the tank end going like a jet wash. I may rig the 1000 up in the garden to see how it performs out of the pond (not much else to do these days!!!)

Screenshot_20200417-070949_Samsung Internet.jpg
it was this one cant seem to find it on amazon at the moment though

Back