Oase thermofilter owners - does your heater make a weird noise?

fishbro

hey folks, just wondering if those of you with a thermo filter from oase (filtosmart or biomaster) have heard a period weird noise from the filter? I’ve determined this is the heater but not sure if it’s a sign it’s bad or not. Both my biomaster and filtosmart do it. I have a sound clip somewhere of the noise which I will add here later. It’s a sort of metallic scraping sound? My cabinet is open backed so that doesn’t help!

fishbro

Hmm yeah most of the comments about that in that thread are mine :D I just wanted to surface this properly to see if anyone knows of a way to stop it happening or something

Tally

I've not noticed this noise from a biomaster 600 and 350. Do you run mechanical timers, they can make some weird noises?

fishbro

I've not noticed this noise from a biomaster 600 and 350. Do you run mechanical timers, they can make some weird noises?

No mechanical timers but I know the sound you mean. I just have one digital timer for the co2 and it’s silent apart from the relay coming on and off on the schedule. It definitely seems to come from the heater