• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Office nano

Fair play to you for posting a FTS of a tank that you're not happy with.
I like my journals to be warts & all.
Having said all that, i still like it :)

You still want to buy it back Ryan?

I'm afraid I've shut this one down. Some of the older members may have noticed my silence over the last year or so. I'm afraid work has got too hectic and as a result no time to post on the forum. Also no time to be maintaining three tanks so this one had to go.

The lesson I've learnt from this one is that tiny high-tech tanks are seriously high maintenance. When I had this sat on my office desk, it got daily maintenance and did well. When I moved it home, it only got a quick water change once a week and went to crap. I particular I started losing shrimp on a regular basis and that I can't be dealing with.

I think that is due to having such a high octane system running in such a small body of water. Even tiny changes in parameters can be dangerous in 14 litres. When you're pumping in co2 and EI along with nuclear lighting, things will inevitably go wrong if you're not on it all the time.

Perhaps in the future I'll have another job where I can keep a tank in the office. If so, then I'll dig this one out of the attic and set it up again.

Probably my biggest regret with this is that I stupidly failed to take a photo of it when it was at its peak. When the hairgrass was growing from the back and overshadowing the tank and the coral pellia was fully grown in, it did look beautiful. Especially from the side view. Said coral pellia will be on sale soon. Hairgrass is all gone.

Back