• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

oh my!

Oh dear. You can get new housings to replace that split one but the membrane may have been damaged too!

I'm thinking of doing a diy bodge job involving silicone sealant.

I took it down to my LFS where I bought it two and a half years ago. I was hoping to replace the top part that's broken (I think this is the carbon bit?) and they no longer do RO units! They suggested I either try to fix it myself, or go to RO man on the internet.

I'm thinking of just using tap water... it scuppers my plans for chocolate gouramis though.

hellohefalump said:
I'm thinking of doing a diy bodge job involving silicone sealant.

There's too much pressure in there so that won't work I'm afraid.

hellohefalump said:
I took it down to my LFS where I bought it two and a half years ago. I was hoping to replace the top part that's broken (I think this is the carbon bit?) and they no longer do RO units! They suggested I either try to fix it myself, or go to RO man on the internet.

I'm thinking of just using tap water... it scuppers my plans for chocolate gouramis though.

RO man are very good; it's where I got my kit from and they will be able to advise you correctly if you give them a ring tomorrow.

I remember back in the day the union canal froze over with ice more than a foot thick in places and everybody was on it playing ice football, ice basket ball, ice hockey, ice rollerblading, cycling etc. I even saw one fool standing in the middle with a metal chair trying to smash a hole in the ice with it.
It was seriously good fun though.

Back