• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

OK to Raise my outlet/inlet pipe?

It does now appear to be working but it sounds as if it is also sucking a bit of air as well, as there is the typical " running water" sound. If the sound does not clear it will not be a problem, as I will just plug it up until needed the next time. ;)

Good stuff, I'm gradually learning to appreciate that patience is a virtue in this hobby. :)

Hi krazy, I do not have any sponge over the inlet but there is a big bushy Hyrgophilia guanensis around it. Have shut the skimmer down at the moment as I did my wc yesterday and it is nice and clear. If it starts again I will turn it back on and although it takes its time it does clear it eventually. :)

Well I have had to shut the skimmer down. It was sucking so hard that air was constantly being sucked into the filter and lots of air bubbles coming out of the spraybar not to mention the noise. It came to a head at 4am this morning when I got up...there seemed to be lots and lots of air bubbles coming out of every hole in the spray bar with all the fish huddled in one corner. The tank also appeared cloudy with whatever the air had forced out of the filter and pipes and out of the spray bar. If I have further problems with surface scum I will have to invest in a Eheim 350 skimmer.

Back