• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oldie Newbie

Lindy

Hi all, I kept fish as a teenager but no real plants. Always said I'd like to have another go but with a planted tank for my fish. I bought an Aqua one 620t on ebay that came with a freebie 60x30x30 jewel monolux. Set it up while heavily pregnant, was great distraction and husbands will generaly agree to anything at that point(he's not into fish/tanks) 3 months after my daughter was born the tank was sold as I had no time(reality check!!) and I set up the old monolux to house the plants and 3 guppies.
Well I fell in love with that ugly old tank with its rubbish single t8. Sold the plants that had been put in from 620t as got too big. Changed internal filter for an external fluval 106, got 6 amano shrimp and 2 dwarf puffers. The substrate is eco complete and there is some bogwood with Anubias Nana. Also Java fern, cabomba and the beginnings of a moss wall.
Anyway, was losing heart when I stumbled across this site and now I'm hooked all over again! I also have a betta lifespace 16litre so about to redo 2 tanks, bought a load of stuff from the green machine and can't wait for it to arrive!
The Jewel will be low light but will add some ferts and easycarb. The betta has fantastic lighting so will get ferts and co2(I bought a wee fluval set up for the other tank..)
Anyway sorry to ramble but the tanks the members have on this site are incredible and an inspiration...

Cheers, Lindy

Thanks for the welcome. Not sure these will be worthy of this site but might make other people feel better about their efforts when they see my offering!

Lindy

Back