• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

oliver knott substrate

John Starkey

Hi all,i notice on the oliver knott site he has brought out a range of substrates does anyone know anything about them,regards john

The guide says to add a fertilized substrate first then lay this over the top, so i'm guessing it's not an all-in-one like AS?

Have to say his photo on the packet is a bit cheesy :lol:

Hi

We've now got the substrate in stock. Both normal and fine

It doesn't need anything below it either - just the same as Aquasoil.

LondonDragon said:
Also the prices don't really compete with ADA, they are roughly the same or just over considering the pount now.
I was really surprised at the price, it's gotta be super special to command a higher price than AquaSoil.
Themuleous said:
Yeh uber cheesy! :lol:
I thought that too, in todays market IMO theres no place for poor marketing like that, it's competitor; Aquasoil is beautifully presented along with many of the other producers like Tropica etc, also, a full colour image would have added to the cost of production. If you look at the entire ADA range you'll see no more than three colours, same with tropica.

Dan Crawford said:
it's gotta be super special to command a higher price that AquaSoil.

dont this go back to you paying over £100 for tweezers?....i don't see tweezers really being worthy of a £100+ price tag.

You have to wonder who was in charge of marketing on this one :lol: If the picture isn't bad enough, they go and use a standard Photoshop shape for the logo :lol:

Depending on the scale of production, I highly doubt adding a full colour image has done anything to raise production costs, but as this is a new product, prices will start off high to cover costs. Sadly though, if it sells well, I doubt prices will change that much.

If this proves to be as good as Aqua Soil, one thing it will always have over ADA is availability. Like Red Sea Flora Base, Eco Complete and AquaBasis - it'll find its way in to many LFS eventually.

Back