Oliver Knott

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by zig, 5 Sep 2007.

1. zig

zig Member

2. JamesC

JamesC Member

One of Oliver Knott's themed landscapes. Some of them are very good, but not quite so convinced with this one.

James

3. Dave Spencer

Dave Spencer Member

It is even worse than "Carnival". I can`t really add any kind of critique because I find it so alien to what I think a tank should look like.

I don`t pretend to know Oliver`s mind, but I think he likes to see what his reputation will allow him to get away with before he is shot down in flames.

I might even use my moderator powers and move it out of the aquascaping forum. :lol:

Dave.

4. Matt Holbrook-Bull

Matt Holbrook-Bull Founder

to me it looks like a cheap back street pets at home attempt at a display tank! just without all the cyanobacteria

5. zig

zig Member

haha, yeah, even for a themed tank its still a bit of a shocker!

6. James Flexton

James Flexton Member

err whats that all about.. lol

i just looked at carnival, it looks like a perfectly good planted tank that someone's kid has thrown their fancy dress outfit into. very odd indeed, i dont get it.

7. rfriday9

rfriday9 Newly Registered

:lol:
    Having seen your comments I have to say I'm not a fan of that type of display. In fact I’m not a fan of any ornaments that you could find naturally. However I was in the Gold Fish Bowl in Oxford the other day and as always I was amazed at how they can make a shipwreck or a plane (crashed) look good in an aquarium. Although it is not something I would consider purchasing they do look good.

8. George Farmer

George Farmer Founder Staff Member

The composition is good. Not to my taste but he's done the best job possible given the decor.

I liken these kind of 'scapes by Oliver to one of those Turner Prize entries. Love it or hate it, it gets a reaction...

9. oldwhitewood

oldwhitewood Member

I wouldn't give it the same creedence as George that is for sure, it's no Damien Hurst!

There is very little to praise with the layout, instead he has opted for something one would see in a florida theme park.

10. George Farmer

George Farmer Founder Staff Member

See - it's got you talking too, Neil. ;)

11. oldwhitewood

oldwhitewood Member

LOL :D I know that is what is so infuriating!

12. CJ Castle

CJ Castle Newly Registered

Well... It definately has the potential to look a lot worse than that of what Oliver Knott has created.