• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Olympus is Calling.

I only installed it on Sunday so won't have much detritus especially since mine is also post-filter. Can't imagine there being a big bubble as it's stuffed with plastic scourers. Shame I can't remember who it was that I got this idea from, i.e. using scourers, otherwise would've asked them too.

It's Fluval 240l. I've actually managed to make it drop to 6.9 just now but had to open up the needle valve quite a bit which is counter intuitive isn't it given the whole point of using such a reactor is to increase CO2 dissolution rate and efficiency..? :confused:

I only installed it on Sunday so won't have much detritus especially since mine is also post-filter. Can't imagine there being a big bubble as it's stuffed with plastic scourers. Shame I can't remember who it was that I got this idea from, i.e. using scourers, otherwise would've asked them too.

It's Fluval 240l. I've actually managed to make it drop to 6.9 just now but had to open up the needle valve quite a bit which is counter intuitive isn't it given the whole point of using such a reactor is to increase CO2 dissolution rate and efficiency..? :confused:

Found it! https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/co2-injection-through-filter.49054/#post-482739 it was @Daveslaney who I stole the idea from :)

@Daveslaney - sorry to bring you into here but I've set my EF up in a similar fashion to you and have noticed that making the ph drop below PH7 has become more difficult without cranking up the needle valve. Wondering if you had this problem when you set yours up using plastic scourers? Many thanks

@Zeus

Because this baby of yours is developing into a case study of mid-high tech large planted tanks, what I wanted to propose is that in the original post you provide links to the pages where you discuss in detail:

- ferts
- CO2: setup, distribution, challenges
- filtration
- flow
- your DIYs (incl links to DIY section of UKAPS)
- anything else

Cheers
Costa

Is that a 1/2" thread on it?
upload_2018-10-14_17-51-48-png.png

Than this should do.. :)
DSCF3024.jpg

Come in different also larger sizes. Pond shops definitively have them. :)

Is that a 1/2" thread on it?

Unfortunately not :arghh: its all part of the plastic casing which isnt very think so think a repair would reduce the bore diameter and hence output so not keen, plus think a repair may not last IMO so may fail whilst in service which would be a MAJOR disaster so not worth trying IMO. Plus wife hant complained about the Extra FX6 in the room and hopefully Maxspect will release the new Gyre soon, sent them another e-mail last night

But thanks for the feedback m8 :thumbup:

@Zeus

Because this baby of yours is developing into a case study of mid-high tech large planted tanks, what I wanted to propose is that in the original post you provide links to the pages where you discuss in detail:

- ferts
- CO2: setup, distribution, challenges
- filtration
- flow
- your DIYs (incl links to DIY section of UKAPS)
- anything else

Cheers
Costa

Good Idea m8 :thumbup: I have tried to add links to the first page already but an index would help folk also to find the relevant sections of interest. Put it on my 'todo' list ;)

Nice one :clap: ordered - I did have a google but had no luck finding the part and ehiem didnt list any spares for it either

Eheim service has it too. But to make it easier for the customers :rolleyes: it's a different Url. You only find strolling around.. But strangly Eheim is almost € 4 more expensive than it's retailers.. o_O Now that's service.. :crazy:
https://www.eheim-service.de/7446510

And the Compact serie is replaced, still available as long as stocklist last.
https://www.eheim.com/en_GB/products/technology/pumps/compact_plus-3000

The LFS i go i asked for Eheim a while ago.. They no longer are eheim dealer, they switched to EDEN. For the reason it is much cheaper, beter quality and 2 year factory warrenty. So i gave it the benefit of the doubt and a try and have several EDEN pumps in use.. And must acknoweldge they realy are all they promise. Very good and very reasonably priced.
http://www.edensrl.com/index.php?id=29

Don't try and fudge a fix, as I can confirm an Eheim 3000 at full bore will fill you house pretty quickly!! The connection came off for about 2 minutes...
Thankfully this was a rented property
c203605234c06ac729d51edd9a07df19.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Did some work on my APS EF2 reactor with internal Venturi fitted but still needs some tweaking IMO. Two 50% WC yesterday as had been away so none down for two weeks. Big trim in some areas bit of a move around of some plants too ( some pics below of before and after). The Helanthium tenellum 'Brown' was starting to take over the carpet a bit and the Eleocharis acicularis 'mini' and 'Lilaeopsis brasiliensis 'micro swords' was struggling a bit

upload_2018-10-28_21-0-55.png

A slow and tricky job teasing them out
upload_2018-10-28_21-2-10.png

Not finished yet OFC it but looks better and the Minigrass and micro swords should soon pickup
upload_2018-10-28_21-4-1.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-28_21-6-3.png
    upload_2018-10-28_21-6-3.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 138
  • upload_2018-10-28_21-6-48.png
    upload_2018-10-28_21-6-48.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 152
  • upload_2018-10-28_21-10-55.png
    upload_2018-10-28_21-10-55.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 144
  • upload_2018-10-28_21-11-53.png