• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Omega's Nature Aquarium

Omegatron

After a learningfull process with my Iwagumi scape I decided it was time for something else. This time I want to try nature style.

About 3 weeks ago I picked up a bunch of spiderwood. I emptied the tank and started the hardscape process. This process took me 2 weeks (with lots of help from Lawrence I know from Barrreport.com) but I finally got something that i liked.

hardscape.jpg

For plants i went for the following:

-Microsorum pteropus Trident
- Javamos
- Hygrophila polysperma
- Bolbitis heudelotii
- Anubias nana Bonsai
- Cyperus helferi
- Helanthium tenellum (Echinodorus tenellus)
- Glossostigma elatinoides

I got the plants on April the 14th,

planten.jpg

I took the afternoon off work because i knew i needed a lot of time binding the moss on the wood (i bough way too much moss lol). tying the moss took me good 4 hours and used paper towels keeping it wet.

mos.jpg

We made the plant layout a couple of days before so i knew where to plant it. So the actual planting was done pretty fast.

na%20planten.jpg

These pics were taken the 18th so 4 days after planting. The bolbitis is metlting but the polysperma is already growing out of the tank (already trimmed it and planted the tops) doing daily WC of 20% and 50% end of the week. adding ferts according to EI.

dag%204.jpg

closeup%201.jpg

closeup%202.jpg

angle.jpg

I replaced my tubes with the 8000k Skywhite from Osram (T5HO), very happy with it!

Tank dimensions 120x40x35 (cm)
Filtration:
- Eheim Professional 3 2071
- Eheim Ecco Pro 2036
- Pressurized Co2
- Inline heater
- 2x T5 Osram 8000k Skywhite
- fertsilizing according to EI
- Using ADA amazonia soil, la plata sand and basalt stones woodtype: sipderwood.

Anyways, this was 3 weeks in a few words and pics, i hope you guys like it.

Last edited:
Judging by these (old?) pics I think it needs more plants, but you say H.polysperma is growing out of the tank, so some more recent pics would be great.

I really like the seperate islands of rocks/wood, it creates great perspective. Once the plants have all grown in (and we get pics ;)) it should look spot on, congrats on another great scape :clap:

Judging by these (old?) pics I think it needs more plants, but you say H.polysperma is growing out of the tank, so some more recent pics would be great.

The Polysperma was growing above the water surface so then i trimmed the tops and replanted them, i didnt take any pictures of that. These pics are the most recent with the trimmings of the polysperma replanted.

Looks great, I'd consider moving the far left piece of wood so it's not touching the glass as it kind of draws the eye, apart from that looks perfect. :)

yeah the far left piece is still a work in progress, im thinking about adding a few rocks under the wood. just a little bit. See how that will look.

Thanks for all the feedback, much appriciated!

Reactions: ADA
Great scape again...
You beat me to it though....I'm going to use the same stones and wood for my next project, but I'm thinking not to use any plants that need to be in a substrate, I might change my mind though, as I so often do...
Again, awesome scape
(put on Miroshaki too?)

Last edited:
Great scape again...
You beat me to it though....I'm going to use the same stones and wood for my next project, but I'm thinking not to use any plants that need to be in a substrate, I might change my mind though, as I so often do...
Again, awesome scape
(put on Miroshaki too?)

Im happy with the basalt stones, they cost (almost) nothing and they are fine for this project. When the tank ages the stones will look less clean. Ill put it on Miroshaki aswell (i forgot haha).

Thanks for the compliment looking forward to your project aswell :)

Looks great, I'd consider moving the far left piece of wood so it's not touching the glass as it kind of draws the eye, apart from that looks perfect. :)

I added some supporting rocks under the far left branch, though is not perfect yet it does look better (need better placement). Also i noticed that the sand in the middle of the tank is too high compared with the left side of the tank. Im going to fix that today. An update pic will follow when its done.

Since i have to wait for the fish to go in, i already have a bunch of green neons (simulans). I was thinking of adding a bunch of black phantom tetras. Now im looking for a 3rd species. Do you guys have any suggestions that goes well with the above fish while keeping it balanced with the scape?

Also i have 3 otociniclus affinis (as a low profile 4th species) and some amano shrimp.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back