• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Omega's Nature Aquarium

Very nice! From my experience, cyano can be prevented by having good flow of oxygen. It usually developes in places where flow is bad, so try sticking a power head aimed at the area with cyano.

Very nice! From my experience, cyano can be prevented by having good flow of oxygen. It usually developes in places where flow is bad, so try sticking a power head aimed at the area with cyano.

Thanks for the tip, the cyano occured on 1 spot in the tank but lately it seems its spreading everywhere. Spots that have very good flow also have cyano problems.

I on the other hand, have never had luck with increasing KNO3 to get rid of BGA. I even dropped KNO3 powder right on top of the BGA and it did nothing. I also tried dropping ADA bacter ball powder, as suggested by ADA, with no effect. Somehow just adding a powerhead helped.

This is the kind of thread that made me sign up for this forum. I'm from Toronto Canada but I know the UK boys are putting out nice scapes/photography/hardware use.

The low height of your tank and your skill makes it look longer than it is. Your use of smaller rocks in large quantities and smaller pieces of driftwood gives very nice scale to the tank. Beautiful work done with the very thin layer of sand also.

What challenges did you have with algae? I am not sure if you are getting sufficient water flow in the mid to ground level.

Please share with us an update whenever you are ready.

Really like your aquascape!

Spot treat it with KNO3 worked for me in the past.

Hi, thanks for all the feedback and tips about the batteling cyano. So i spot dosed KNO3 and at first it seemed it worked but a few days later all cyano was back and in bigger numbers. So I kept dosing more KNO3 but then i probably overdosed it and killed off all my amano shrimp. So now i have cyano and no more shrimp :(

I also added my powerhead again for even better surface agitation and flow overall, this doesnt seem to help either.

Hi! A few weeks from now im going to renovate my house and have litte time and room for my aquarium, also my interest was slowly comming to an end. So i have decided to quit the hobby. I found a buyer for all my stuff so this week im taking down the scape. I wanted to take some final pictures but because i have been neglecting the tank for a while now it doesnt look very well. So i wont be taking final pictures.

I want to thank all of you for all the advice given. I'll make sure to keep an eye on the forum to check the scapes ofc!

Again, thanks for everything!!

Back