• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Once in a Lifetime Offer!

Not buying it then :lol:.
My cursor's paused over the "Buy it now" button...the bonus extra's swinging it; I've been after a used ADA 45P with a few algae and silicon issues:wacky:

P.S. I saw it first...don't you dare buy it...:shifty:

Last edited:
£ 3400 bargain? :eek: £ 5000 new? Omg that's almost € 4000 and used!?.. I would be scared to put fish in it, they might break something..

...Good gracious no!...I wouldn't put plants or fish in it, they'd only use it as a toilet and get up to untold amounts of mischief...
I was just going to put it in that special place and marvel at the used items within...:watching:

Last edited:
I never realy looked at the ADA prices this is the first time i see how much a complete setup costs.. Man that's some serious cash the average person has to work over 2 months for that.. Then i've seen pictures of people having several of this in the same room.... But ok, if you have the cash laying around, why not, you can't take it with you at the end of the line anyway.. But then still, i lately informed the material (glass) cost for a 20 gallon optiwhite, that's € 60 without VAT.. In our case add €12 VAT in the worst case.. Even if i had the cash, that idea only would keep me awake at night. :rolleyes:

There really isn't any practical justification for a setup like that unless price points are a non-issue. We all know we can have an amazing and fun time aquascaping while creating beautiful layouts with much, much less monetary investment.

Tell me about it!? :) Not that my layouts are such amazing but surely fun :rolleyes: And i'm blessed with 2 right hands and by now did 2 diy projects (journal 3 of life and The stove).

3 of life (54 litre fluval hagen) +/- €250
The stove (110 litre DIY) +/- € 350

Only material cost ready to run from top to bottom with pumps, heating and lights completely programmable and automated..

Only bought substrate, driftwood, plants, filtermedia and fish in the lfs. Which is not added in the above price..

Ok it has minor easthetic imperfections, but hey i did it on the kitchen table, and over all i'm the only one seeing it because i made it. Anybody else who comes looking has more eyes for the fish and plants than for what i made. :lol:. But technicaly it works flawlesly and better than any lfs can provide. LFS is more expensive with lesser quality and more hassle to install.. Even the energy part is cheaper and safer, cause everything (lights, pumps and heaters) runs on DC 12 voilt.

If you are handy, know where to buy alternative stuff with the same functionality and or have a little patience till you find what you can use.. You realy can have a lauch in the LFS at the end.

But must say, that ADA stuff looks realy realy awsome.. It realy is bling bling juwelry.. :) But as is also a Porche which i also can't afford.

Back