• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Once upon a time at the riverbank - Final update

Re: Once upon a time at the riverbank 125Ltr

i saw this on ASW this morning. really special scape Andy, nicely done mate....actually not nicely....brilliantly! :D

SuperColey1 said:
Will try but this is an 80cm tank in a 106cm wide alcove. there is only a 13cm space between tank and wall at each end ;)
Not actually from the side, just a closer shot of the left hand side of the tank and the right hand side from the front ;)

Fred Dulley said:
He may not mind if it's 61% cleaned. (see the blog if you don't understand :D )
haha he might like this one though, colour is a little more like the plastic stuff ;)

LondonDragon said:
SuperColey1 said:
Will try but this is an 80cm tank in a 106cm wide alcove. there is only a 13cm space between tank and wall at each end ;)
Not actually from the side, just a closer shot of the left hand side of the tank and the right hand side from the front ;)

Fred Dulley said:
He may not mind if it's 61% cleaned. (see the blog if you don't understand :D )
haha he might like this one though, colour is a little more like the plastic stuff ;)

Will do Paulo. The right hand side has changed because I took the photos and then set to work on some aggressive pruning of the Philippine. Just cutting off the leaves that had suffered from the change and should grow back in decent time.

Also please note all glassware users....This 'dirty' inlet/outlet has brown dirt inside and not a hint of 'green' (algae) which puts them way ahead of garish Eheim parts and even or better than clear ones :lol:

really special scape Andy, nicely done mate....actually not nicely....brilliantly!
I actually put it on here before ASW but I know what you mean :lol: Thanks for the compliments.

AC

Is this what you meant Paulo? And just for Jeremy the 'non glass' hoses are also the same colour as the glass. :lol:
leftside.jpg

And a couple of better pics of the Rasboras:
Rasbora1.jpg

Rasbora2.jpg

AC

George - I'm copying someone as usual ;) Dave Spencer gave me the idea :lol:

On a more serious note I took the pictures bfeore thinking about cleaning. That will happen tonight when I do this week's water change :)

AC

Not a lot changed really. I will update in the next couple of weeks though, probably at the same time as I surprise everyone with something else ;)

Been concentrating on getting all the bits and bobs on the website. Didn't realise I'd written so much and done so much on all the forums. don't know where I found time to scape as well :lol:

AC

SuperColey1 said:
Dave Spencer gave me the idea :lol:
AC

Amateur! Mine are way more dirty. :oops:

Strangely enough, one of my lily pipes has a slight flaw in the glass that attrats a tiny amount of BGA from time to time. Fortunately, it is easily accessible for cleaning as soon as it appears. Amazing to think that the distrubance in the flow caused by a tiny imperfection could cause BGA in an outlet pipe.

Dave.

Dave - Should've got plastic. It's perfect ya know :)

AC

I'm looking forward to this surprise that I keep hearing about! :D

SuperColey1 said:
Is this what you meant Paulo? And just for Jeremy the 'non glass' hoses are also the same colour as the glass. :lol:
Nope, not sideways, still from the front of the tank, just some zoom ins on the right and left hand side ;)

This journal has gone a little quiet over the last month. I had some fungus/rot problems with the black Corys which I have been dealing with and today they spawned at record levels :) You can see some tail damage in these pictures but the spawn (They haven't spawned since the end of March!!!) says they are over the problem:

CIMG3047.jpg

CIMG3049.jpg

CIMG3050.jpg

In a week or 2 I will update once I sort the tank out a bit. One inhabitant yet to be ID's is eating Anubias and Ferns!!! I am guess the Rasbora 'hoover' Espei because they will eat anything!!!

AC

After a month or more of struggling with my Corys illnesses I can finally show some pictures of clear water again :)

The Corys have had a couple of weeks of a Formaldehyde mix and followed by a week of PimaFake and Melafake and after 2 x 50% water changes today I deiced to take pictures while the water was clear :)

Here are the Rasboras during the water change:
wcrasboras.jpg

The growth of the actual tank has been unaffected and is coming on strong. Much more vibrant than the earlier days which I wasnt keen on:
front.jpg

fromright.jpg

Here are a couple of shots with the lights as they would be between 11pm and 11-30pm with just the last 2 series on (14.7W / <0.5WPG)
moodyleft.jpg

11pm.jpg

AC

I still absoloutely love this tank! It has to be one, if not the most favourite of mine of all time.

Glad to see you got the Cories sorted too. ;)

Cheers for the compliments Thomas ;)

and nice clean glassware too

I didn't touch it. honest. it cleaned itself ;).........or....or.......its always like that....mmmm

AC

Back