• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Once upon a time at the riverbank - Final update

Re: Once upon a time at the riverbank 125Ltr

Love it, fantastic jungle :D :D

shame there is such a small group of Jungle lover's on here

Thats OK. Gives me a niche to corner :lol:

It looks awesome now with crystal clear water :) Will see if my camera can show it tonight :)

AC

:oops:

Can't believe I managed to miss this one, must admit I've only been skimming the site for the last couple of months.

Tank's looking great and those corys look fantastic.

I've just tried supergluing for the first time - what a difference it makes, eh ?

After the Cory sicknesses I stopped dosing Melafake last week and then after a 70% water change on Wednesday the water clarity has returned to 'air like' :)

After putting the 25 Espei in (February) and having a few jumpers in the first few weeks the number has been stable at 18 for the last 2 months I'm pretty happy with that as I wondered how long it would be before they were all gone during the first month or so

A bit of growth to see but as per usual my camera/skills aren't up to the task. lol

Front.jpg

Group%20Rasbora.JPG

Single%20Rasbora.jpg

Single%20Rasbora2.JPG

AC

As usual, I love it! ;) The Espeis really are the best choice of fish for this aquascape.

Will do Mark - Just waiting for the right hand rear corner to grow upward and the left hand side to fill up a bit more :)

AC

Not much of an update really. Things coming along slowly and all fish still in tact.

Thought I'd post up this picture. Just a boring Oto, not very interesting but there ya go ;)

mumnbaby.jpg

AC

so when will you want some high res images of this little babay andy?.....

it's certainly coming along :D

The filling out is taking longer than expected Mark. Growth is good but I planted a few surprises which are taking their time and cannot be seen at the moment ;)

They should be more than visible when they fill in. :)

My main bone of contention is the centre rear to rear right corner where the flow of the Koralia may be limiting the height a little :( We shall see but keep your eyes peeled for any unexpected plants over the next couple of months. No more will be added but a few unmentioned throughout the journal will appear from 'nowhere' ...........eventually :lol:

I'll give you a buzz when I think its hit the right spot and hopefully there should be many more little 'uns by then.

AC

SuperColey1 said:
Growth is good but I planted a few surprises which are taking their time and cannot be seen at the moment ;)

They should be more than visible when they fill in. :)

I'll give you a buzz when I think its hit the right spot and hopefully there should be many more little 'uns by then.

AC

:D

After seeing your tank, I feel like replacing my Rotalas for ferns or crypts for a jungly background. I really like that look.

Another convert. thats what I like to hear :lol:

AC

A quick update this month.

The Crypts are starting to grow well now. They don't look much bigger in the picture below but I can see there are more leaves. Mostly the larger Willisii and Undulata in the centre rear. The Undulata on the left is also bigger too.

The Fern in the right rear corner is not growing as fast as I expected it to and the little 'surprises' are still not visible yet :)

The Rasboras are great. I've been breeding Mosquito larvae in a bucket at the end of my garden and harvesting them weekly. The Rasboras go mental over them and go an intense almost red colour. I think they put their 'hunting' jackets on :lol:

This month will be a tester. I go to Portugal for 17 days on the 18th. :wave: TAP there and BA back this time. No more budget airlines :thumbup: After 4 years of misery with :silent:jet and :silent:baby I've decided they're not worth the hassle and they would've actually cost more too. :woot:

While I am away the CO2 will be off, no ferts will be added and the lights will be reduced to 2 series (0.44WPG.) shouldn't be a problem as this is a yearly occurrence. I am considering a condensation tray while I am away though as this tank loses a fair amount of water over a week. probably in the region of 6-8 litres!!! If I don't have something to remedy this I will come back to a tank that is about 2 inches lower than it normally is (below the lily pipe.) Not a problem to the fish or most of the plants but may mean the higher attached ferns and the tips of the rigid large fern would dry out.

Sorry about the dark pictures. I was playing about with ISO and EV and messed up here. lol

front.jpg

ras1.jpg

ras2.jpg

AC

As always, looking great! That's interesting about the larvae - how are they harvested?

I wanna see what this surprise is too. :p

Back