• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

one co2 bottle to reactors

danmil3s

hi me again im slowly getting there more light bulbs are here just waiting on ballasts, brought pump off e bay then was told of a cheaper one aint it always the way lid built just needs painting. ei dosing but halfed the dose to does every day easier to remember im guessing shouldn't cause any problems. power head added 2200 lph second small filter added fluvel 205 to aid water movement and polish water.so now i was thinking about putting a t splitter on my co2 line running one end in a retractor in the sump and sticking the other in the fluvle in take as i dont want to have to convince my wife i need to buy all the co2 kit again and every one with large tank seems to use 2 co2 tanks has any one tried this my main concern was plastic failure but i have never seen co2 splitters

Hi danmil3s
You need something like this
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... ts_id=1938
Just be aware that you may need two needle valves on the outputs as most of the gas will take the path of least resistance (the shorter pipe). That way you can adjust the flow independently so you get the same delivery to each side of the tank.
Alternatively, just type in 'CO2 splitter' in the ebay search function. You will find plastic Y pieces, T pieces, push on, push fit, brass splitters, brass splitters with needle valves, brass splitters with needle valves and bubble counters. The list is endless :D
Most of the brass ones come from the far east so be prepared for a 10-14 day wait for delivery.

i cant get your link to work but from reading i think i know the ones you means ill probably end up getting them but first im going to try theses little metal air line taps(cant find link on web) i found in Japanese koi company at the weekend bit mickey mouse but cheap so ill see how i get on sorted extra water storage today so i can do bigger changes

Back