• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ONF 3rd party dimmer

Paul Kettless

Hi all,

I have the ONF 90cm standard(not the +), it is 90w DC42 V, 100-240VAC 50/60hz and a colour temp range of 6500-22000k The light has a phone based app that is OK. However, you are only able to set the power in 5% stages, and the app doesnt allow you to ramp up and down as I would like. Does anyone know of a third party controller that I could use on this light. I looked at the S2 Pro, as I liked the fact that you can set 8 of your own time periods in 1% increments and whilst its says up to 100w, it also says for 36v systems, so Im assuming this is a no go for me.

Until I get to actually use the light I cant say for sure that I would actually need more control than I already have, but Im just covering all my options.

Thank in advance.
Paul

No and a substitute is not very likely since all control is built in w/ the main circuit board.
It may be possible to PWM the 42v from the power supply to the board but but seems problematic.
This would also be "global" not per channel. May screw w/ the clock too
As noted there isn't an easy to find unit capable of handling 42V.

BEST thing would be a "simple" update by ONF.

No and a substitute is not very likely since all control is built in w/ the main circuit board.
It may be possible to PWM the 42v from the power supply to the board but but seems problematic.
This would also be "global" not per channel. May screw w/ the clock too
As noted there isn't an easy to find unit capable of handling 42V.

BEST thing would be a "simple" update by ONF.
Thanks for your input, and I thought as much., As you said a software update is most probably all that is needed. I guess they wont be doing that anytime soon though.

Thanks for your input, and I thought as much., As you said a software update is most probably all that is needed. I guess they wont be doing that anytime soon though.
Out of curiosity.. what are the complete output specs on the power supply?

OK that answers the question:
The ONF Flat One Plus Pendant LED Light offers a slow ramp up and ramp down to mimic the rise and setting of the sun for your planted aquarium livestock.
Only got 24 hours b4 capacitor is discharged. ;)
. If the power goes out, the light will automatically restore itself to all its custom settings when powered back on within 24 hours.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity.. what are the complete output specs on the power supply?

OK that answers the question:

Only got 24 hours b4 capacitor is discharged. ;)
Im not quite sure, I will check the power supply in the morning. As I mentioned I have the Standard version and not the plus. That's the reason why I was looking for a third party controller so I could replicate the daylight/moonlight cycle with full control of power. The Standard does have an auto setting but you cannot control the time length or power as this is a factory set programme.

Just for informational purposes (or where there is a will there is a way) how to fairly
cheaply ramp/time constant voltage ked strips:
This:
along w/ a simple circuit and a modified tc420 or
Tc421
Well thanks very much for that, But I have to be honest and say that I am pretty good with most things DIY except electronics, they are way beyond my knowledge. I wouldnt have a clue where to start with something like that, to say I am a novice is an understatement.

Back