Online plant retailers

Discussion in 'Plant Help' started by StevenA, 15 Jun 2008.

1. StevenA

StevenA Member

Hi all, i've decided to re-scape my Rio 180, and i'm looking for some recommendations for a good online retailer for the new plants, as i don't have any good shops round here for them. Any suggestions?

2. Matt Holbrook-Bull

Matt Holbrook-Bull Founder

I always use Greenline, although there are obviously many others. For me, Andy has always come up trumps, especially where theres a problem. Hes also extremely cheap. I think theres quite a few others on the links page of the UKaps website.

http://www.aquaticplants.eu.com/acatalog/Basic_Products.html

3. planter

planter Member

Thers a MA at Cambridge! really tidy shop. Speak to phil :D

4. Wolfenrook

Wolfenrook Member

Another vote for Greenline here. Been buying from them for a VERY long time, and almost always been happy with the plants, one time I wasn't Andy sorted things out in short order.

Some plants though only seem available from Tropica, which leaves you with The Green Machine and Aqua Essentials.

Ade

5. Dan Crawford

Dan Crawford Founder Staff Member

TGM or AE for me, i've seen the plants at TGM and they are awesome! well worth the extra money IMO. I bought some HC from my local MA and they were £3 each and i thought "thats cheap" so i bought 7 pots, i then saw the pots from TGM and they were twice the price but twice the size in every case.

6. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

wHEN I HAVE THE MONEY, I GO TO tgm AND ae, BUT SOMETIMES PLANTS ALIVE

Sorry about caps! ;)

7. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

The ones I got online were from forum members here and got a couple from AE with my last order, the rest I always brough at local LFS that sells Tropica plants. Also the other LFS I visited last week sells Aquafleur plants, thats some of the latest additions to my tank.

8. StevenA

StevenA Member

Cheers guy's, i bought all my plants from Greenline Aquatics. Ordered one day, delivered the next, all in superb condition. I would'nt hesitate to recommend them to everyone. :D

9. planter

planter Member

Sundays were invented for visiting The LFS!!! not sitting indoors internet shopping (says he posting on a Sunday :oops: )
    Just think of all the loveley fish you could be browsing.

10. StevenA

StevenA Member

Also Sunday's were invented for having a lay in not for being on you're pc at 7-13 am ;)

11. planter

planter Member

LOL good point :D unfortunatley Sunday is a working day for me!