• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Onwards And Upwards!

Smells Fishy

That's me moved into my new gaff now. Its a 2 bed terraced house, my first house! Its rented but it sure beats where I lived last, sod 3rd floor flats. It killed me off the amount of times I had to go down then back up the stairs because me and my partner have so much stuff oh and she's pregnant so I had to stop her lifting all the heavy stuff. You might know what its like to lift a 200L tank downstairs crab like all hunched up. There's no way it could ever be a good experience.

So here's the tank with Lilly on it before the big move. This is about the best it has looked and stayed without waking up the next day to find plants up rooted and fired around the tank.
YLJSQl.jpg

We got the keys to the new house 2 days before we needed to be out of the flat. First off the main mission: get the fish tanks set up and ready for the next day when the fish need a home to live in. By the black trainers is the 100L for the Black Moor and Black Ranchu and on the right is 200L.
PtMvde.jpg

Here's another 100L that was a community tank but it was best I traded the fish in or else it would have been to hectic. Been thinking for the future that Puffers would be a good idea? Dwarf Indian puffers and Amazon Puffers would that be a good combo? I've been watching videos and I just love how they eat snails suck them straight up and there eyes that they can move them separate. They seem really inquisitive like Oscars.
VioJoJ.jpg

The very beginning of the hardscape.
C2kPL9.jpg

What took a lot of the time up was plugging in-between and at the back behind the rocks.
Jvpykm.jpg

I'm short on pictures for the whole process because we where so knackered. It was gone midnight when we finally had the 200L and 100L Goldfish tanks filled up so we called it a day and got a taxi back too the flat so we had some decent sleep for the finale move in the morning.

BUVvAk.jpg

9NzeCR.jpg

Full on stress for me and for the fish. Once all the fish were out of there bags they all conjugated in the bottom right hand corner together for over an hour, weird hu? I reckon it might be down to the different water supply (as in different taps) because that night me and my partner each got runny noses and sore throats aswell.

Its a shame Miss's Parrot Fish is blurry in the cave but Mr Jaguar saves the picture.
YrccpS.jpg

Thanks for looking and for any feedback given.

Back