• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Opaque Film Forming on Plants - Help!

aquascape1987

Hi all. I’ve just finished the first stage of planting of a new scape, and 5 days in, there is what appears to be an opaque film forming on the plants, as attached picture. Does anyone know what this is, whether I should be worried and what I can or should do about it?

I’m running the tank on an initial 5 hour cycle with lights dimmed at 60 %. Co2 is high with drop checker lime green and using the aquascaper liquid plant food fertiliser as well as liquid carbon. The stuff forming appears like bits of film or very thin paper. It seems to be just drapes on the plants, blowing in the flow. When you remove it from the water it just looks like white slime and loses its form. Anyone any ideas?

Attachments

• 822C4C0E-5582-4934-ABCA-BD5C50810FEA.jpeg
    822C4C0E-5582-4934-ABCA-BD5C50810FEA.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 126
Ah, thanks for the reply. I have just discovered that it is coming from my filter pipe work. It seems to be forming on the inside of the pipe pumping out of the filter and back into the tank. I’ve just watched a bit come off and then get blasted out of the inflow, where it then gets draped on the plants So do you still think mould? The filter had never been used until Saturday when I planted

Back