• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Open letter to Forum Administration;

ilaymir

To begin with my friend ''Zig'', I saw a number of people in this forum who I know from AquaEssentials (AE).
I would be happy to write here, though I worry about things which occured in AuqaEssentails to repeat.
As known AE was a good place.I was folllowing the forum and sometimes writing about things I find worth to post.But then suddenly they closed the board.Richard might have his own reasons but at least I was expecting them to save and keep the posts and all these info at somewhere else.There were lots topics have not been read yet.
It is hard to talk about future but I would like to know if there is a possibility of this forum to get closed in the near future.Cause I really dont want my posts to disappear on the midway.
Regards

ilaymir

The whole poing of UKAPS is to evolve and further the hobby as a whole, so I can't see it closing any time soon. That would be against it's own beliefs, and plus I doubt most of its members would be happy! On the flip side, understand that every forum has a life span.

Hi ilaymir and welcome to UKAPS.

I remember you well from the Aqua Essentials forum and in particular your excellent critiques and feedback on aquascapes, especially zig's Iwagumi.

For the record there is no intention to close the UKAPS forum. The forum is very active and successful and continues to grow from strength to strength with over 3,000 members in around 2 years.

With regards the reasons why the Aqua Essentials forum closed you can contact them direct, either via PM on this forum, or via email or telephone.

I look forward to seeing your contributions on UKAPS, if you decide to become an active member, which of course you are very welcome to do.

Many thanks,
George

Letter from ilaymir-1

Dear George,
Thanks for your replies.
Some nice things was written on that board.Unfortunately all lost in the dark space.
A few days ago,I have found photos remaining from our work with zig on his Iwagumi layout.
If you want I can post them here.What would zig say about it?
If you wish we could make a similar workout here.
I can show you the picture on the following link as an example for a layout I designed with limited materail.
http://www.2noodles.com/tank/organizer.html
almaxkopya.jpg

Regards

ilaymir

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words of all ages:
" My brother, you are made of thoughts
What is left is bone and flesh
You think of rose, you become a rose
You think of thorn, you become a thorn"

(Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi)