• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Opinions please

Ajm200

Hi everyone

In thr process of moving from a 500l to a 120l. Reusing as much hardscape and as many plants as I can as the budget is limited

Does this look OK as a starting point?
Tank 120l second hand bargain
Filter FX4 with a mature biofilter
Substrate: John Innes No3 capped with gravel

Plants will be a variety of crypts, anubias, java fern and stems taken from the old tank

Ferts: Homemade EI solution once a week

Light: A cheap LED light from amazon running at 20% intensity for 8 hours. Easily adjusted. Currently resting on the tank but will probably raise on tall brackets

Will run low light, low tech. The old tank was very low maintenance and I’m hoping this will be too

Attachments

• 2C249F02-61E6-4E0D-A18D-BFD686D22351.jpeg
    2C249F02-61E6-4E0D-A18D-BFD686D22351.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 131
It looks ok. A small suggestion is to cover the wood cut that is right at the front of the tank on the left . Maybe some moss or a small bucephalandra. The rock below it looks like it would also be better a little towards the back of the tank. Cleaning the front glass is much easier when you have space to move .

Thanks. I agree that one has been moved slightly to help hold the wood down. It was further back. The wood had a spindly bit at substrate level that I pinned down

Back