• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Opti white glass

planter

Hi,

Im considering having my tank made in opti white glass, Just wondered if anyone could tell me if there is a major difference in this and standard aquarium glass as there is quite a price difference.

appreciate your comments.

Hi Planter.

Opti white glass is essentialy the same clarity of glass as peoples prescription glass, so thats uber clear, they have to be! With float glass it has a slight blue hue, more obviouse looking through cut edges and corners. I personaly havnt seen opti-white against flaot-glass. But if your around on the 5th of april, you and i will see the true comparison. The Green Machine are stocking a full range of opti-whit, Float-galls and opti white/float glass mixes. So you can order full float glass but the front pain is opti white, or have three sides opti white and the back pain frosted to a select color and graded and all tanks fully braceless. All these are being manufactured by a UK company http://www.aquariums.ltd.uk/ , something to support and think about.

Cheers,
Graeme.

planter said:
Hi,

Im considering having my tank made in opti white glass, Just wondered if anyone could tell me if there is a major difference in this and standard aquarium glass as there is quite a price difference.

appreciate your comments.

The difference is noticable, even with thin glass when viewing two similar size tanks next to one another i.e. Clearseal/Seashell and opti-white. I put a 60cm opti-white next to a Seashell 60cm braceless rimless. 5mm glass. Looking along the glass it is also noticeable i.e. float glass is dark green, opti-white is blue.

Of course, the difference will be more noticeable as the glass gets thicker.

The opti-white I received from Germany, through Aqua Essentials, was also superior in the siliconing.

Hey George, can I get some contact details for the seashell rimless please?

Garuf said:
Hey George, can I get some contact details for the seashell rimless please?

For your infomation Maidenhead aquatics are able to obtain custom made aquariums from seashell.
And seashell can supply opti white glass aquariums !

Thanks for the feed back George I think youve convinced me to go for the opti white. Anyone got any pics of there opti white aquarium?

Hi Planter,
Yes I'd personally love to see what opti-white looks like and hear comments regarding how it improves the look of the tank and it's contents. :D

Cheers,

No problem ceg , Thought I iwas on my own here for a second! I will post some pics of the tank and plan to create a journal for the tank. Cant make my mind up what to do at the mo I have some loveley redmoor wood but have also just sourced some fantastic looking rocks. Decisions decisons huh?

Mark, those dimensions are amazing! You'll find the extra depth SO useful.

See, my dream small tanks dimensions are not too dissimilar,I'd go for 60x35x45 the extra bit of height balances any scape and at the same time you have plenty of depth for scaping something exceptional.

What ever size you go for you won't regret it, 2 foot tanks are a dream to scape I find.

I agree with Garuf, 2ft tanks are just about perfect to work with. The dimensions lend themselves to virtually any layout. It's also a lot cheaper to stock than my 4ft tank.

Also, high number of suitable equipments. One thing to remember, as with every tank is to not skimp on the filter in the slightest.

Back