• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Options for LED T8

fishbro

Hi guys, I was wondering what options there are for us folks with T8 hoods. I have an old aqualantis 200L tank which has 2x T8 tube fittings. I haven't actually used the T8 fittings for a long time as I have been using some LED replacements for a few years, superfish retrofit (budget option), aquasky (not the bluetooth one) and then eheim (dreadful...).

I am thinking of going to the Aquasky 2.0 as they come with T8 fittings, but are these lights good enough for plants? Right now with the Eheim lights I am getting algae problems (when the lights work... see my thread about my saga lol), so I presume they are overpowered as I am running 2 of them.

I did look at the Fluval Plant 3.0, but they don't seem to come with T8 fittings. Plus I think having 2 would be overkill. Equally without having 2 the light in the tank would be very uneven due to the way the hood is.

So I'd be interested to see what other people are running in place of T8 tubes on their planted tanks.

If the specifications that Fluval provides are correct, then yes those would give you (more then) enough light for your plants.

Thanks for the info :) I am very tempted to switch to them. I did like the lights when I was using the 1.0 version, but not being able to automate them is what led me to switch to the eheim setup (which I regret now lol).

Another option I have found is the easy led system from aqualantis, though I can't find where to buy them in the UK. I don't fancy importing expensive lights again as it's a nightmare.

Forgot to add, the Aquasky 2.0 would be the 25w version (so total of 50w for two of them)

Last edited:
Back