• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Options to mount grobeam 600 twin

Bacms

Hi guys,

I am planning to move my two TMC tiles to a 60cm tank and I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to mount this over the tank. The cheapest option I could find was using rim mount clips but apart from ugly it is also quite expensive for such a simple system since I need to spend around £50 on what are essential non-adjustable clips

Not really an option as it is a rented house so unless I buy suspending bars that attach to the cabinet I don't think I have that option

I knew you lot would have something I had missed. the ikea one is a great suggestion although probably a bit too much DIY for what I was looking but still useful to see how he suspended the lights with DIY fittings. Nelson the problem with that one is how to make it work with two times but less than half price of the iquatics so can always get 2 :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

hanger.jpg
:lol:.

I am really tempted to just drop the LEDs and simply buy the all ponds solution 2 T5 luminaire which ends up working about the same price as the fittings for the grobeams. I do loose the ramp up/down options and the intensity control but to be fair just makes everything a lot easier

http://www.banggood.com/4PCS-Stainl...sh-Tank-Holder-Bracket-Support-p-1043832.html

Don't ask for the quality, can be good can be awfull, do not know but can't lose that much for this price.. Also have no idea about the diameter of the stainles steel rods, but i guess it won't be so difficult to find some aluminium tubing with the same inner diameter as the steel rods to fit in. To interconnect them over the length of the tank and use these as a kind of suspension mount..

Back