• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Optiwhite iwagumi.

Garuf

Hello, received my optiwhite today, It's a got a few scratched and the silicon is everywhere but I couldn't resist scaping it! Here she is, critique please. :)
dscn0324uj8.jpg

dscn0325bv1.jpg

dscn0326qj6.jpg

Nothing but hc, though I might plump for some downoi or hairgrass to break it up.

Hi Garuf,just my twopenneth worth,i think you have too many rocks in there,regards john

I think you might be right. It was only a 10 minute scape just to get some ideas out there. :)

That big left hand rock is actually 2 rocks, but for some reason it appears as one much larger one. :lol:

feels a little confined?

May be move the Dinosaurs a little bit more to the right :)

Looking good , will look even better with your HC and hairgrass all grown in.

Mark

in a tank of this size garuf, i'd just hint at an iwagumi as opposed to a fully blown gumi. check out NA book1 first few pages. you'd get away with 2 stones. i think we're getting into a habit of the dry scape having to look spot on...i doesn't have to be. the planting plays as bigger part too

It's from AE. I'm actually not that happy with it, it's a really sloppy piece of work in the flesh, scatches and silicon all over the place. I don't have the heart to complain though since I bought it with my aquapoints.

I actually really like that but think you'd need taller plants than HC to make it work. I can really see it with a lawn of hairgrass weaving in amongst the rocks to accentuate the fact that they are a series of different rocks.

the top one is good, the bottom picture however, remove the flat stone on the left, it is distracting, then in both pictures you have 3 clumps of rock.

Back