• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ordered UP inline item looks different.

spyder

Ok so I ordered this a while back for my 125 in 16/22mm although I've been sent a 12/16mm version it looks different to the inline UP atomisers i've seen. The listing showed the usual style of UP atomiser.

Has anyone seen/used this version? I plan to get an Eheim for my 60l in the new year so can save this for later use. Would appreciate any feedback on this particular model.

Cheers.

5fj5f6.jpg

This is the new up inline diffuser. It's basically using the same technique but slightly different build. Not to mention that it also cost a little more too.

Ok took it out of the packet.

The cap unscrews which has a rubber seal. There is a rubber seal in each end cap where the ceramic sits. The packaging states, "Adopt replacement or clean ceramic tube design for durable and safe use.

Here it is in pieces.

ddz1mt.jpg

Thanks, my working pressure is showing 4 bar so should be good to go there.

I was concerned with the different design and wondered if I had been sent an inferior product. I'll hang onto it for when I upgrade the 60l but will have to re order a 16/22mm version to get my long overdue 125 setup.

Just out of interest what make of regulator do you use that allows 4 bar without going into the red zone?
I know that when I first started using 2 bar to operate the UP it blew off various connections, I have upgraded the tubing & BC now but, 4 bar would be double the pressure again!

TMC V2 Pro. The unadjustable one with solonoid and valve. I think it's considered average/budget end of the range.

I'm sure I used to get around 3-3.5 bar in use but I just turned gas valve on to check before I posted 4 bar. Solonoid closed as it's not in use right now.

6 bar is red area on working pressure guage. Cylinder maybe only around 1/4 full if that makes any difference. I'm sure I read a thread about pressure increasing towards the end of a cylinder.

Back