• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Osaka 260l First setup

sbonera

Seedling
Hi

I have been running a duo deep 600 for about year and a half. Much learnt over the year, least not the bright blue gravel I started. I have not restocked my fish a little while now.

Current setup has

2 Opaline Gourami
Harlequin
Siemese Flying Fox
Bristlenose Catfish
Swordfish
Amano Shrimp

current setup
trop_fish.jpg
Some plants have changed.

I have picked up an ex display osaka 260l, so I will look to keep most of the current plants. I have a plants alive 24" collection coming tomorrow. Just working out how to set the tank up

Any ideas, on the setup I'll post the pictures of the bogwood and green quartz i picked up will be great.

what are you doing about ferts and co2? what lights do you have? more specs please :thumbup:
and let us know how you find the 24" collection as there are mixed views on plants alive. good luck with it all. :D

Hi

I am going for TetraPlant Complete Substrate for a base layer with fine Pea gravel on top.

Ferts is also Hagen plant Gro as used in my exisiting tank.
c02 is Hagen Nutrafin C02 fermentor(Will need to upgrade ?? Recommendation?)

Osaka 260l Tank
Fluval 305 External Filter
Fluval Tronic Heater 300w
LCD Thermometer
Life-Glo & Power-Glo T5HO Bulbs

Plants (new)
Aponogetum Crispus
Elecocharis Parvulus (Dwarf Hairgrass)
mini Amazon Sword
Bacopa Monnerii Twisted Vallisneria
Sagittaria Natans
Rotalla Indica
Hygrophylia Polysperma
Cabomba Caroliana
Ludwigia Mullertii
Cryptocoryne Wendtii

(existing)
Java Fern (to go on new piece of bogwood)
Vallis
other that I need identifying :D

2 pieces of bogwood 1 small, 1 medium
3 Green quartz rocks, Rock scuplture
Stone Cave(covered in java moss later date)

Regarding the co2, in that size tank pressurissed is the way to go, although the intial set up cost maybe more, will work out easier and less hassle in the long run. As for ferts maybe consider EI.

Take a read of the following for setting up a Fe co2 system. http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=266

And read this article for dosing of EI. This may take several reads to understand fully. But EI is not all that hard.http://www.ukaps.org/EI.htm

Im sure more experienced people will be along shortly to advise.

Cheers Gordon.

Waiting patiently for the post man to arrive. Going to move the old tank out of the way and new one into place. Also while waiting will attaching the existing Java Fern on the bogwood that has been soaking for over a week now Any ideas how long the leeching will continue?

The old and the new

image_071.jpg

The green Quartz roughly how it will sit in the tank

image_076.jpg

The bogwood
image_077.jpg

Tetra Plant Complete Substrate goes in
fish3.jpg

The pea is washed and starts to go in
4.jpg

The Green Quartz rock are placed in the tank
5.jpg

This promices o be a nice looking set up, I think you need to cover all the Tetra Plant Complete with a caping or gravel. im not too sure because i dont have it my self but the way this comes across to me is that you need to cover it all with your gravel (it doesnt look like you have in your pick). an alternative would be a light sand around the edge to pick up with your rocks.
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=487&currency=GBP someone else who uses this may be able to shed some more light on the use of this product. :D

thanks and so we will carry on

The rock Formation from the old tank goes in
6.jpg

The bogwood and Java fern goes in (Have placed in centre if I decide to create HC carpet)
7.jpg

Cave and first plants from Plants alive go in
8.jpg

Twisted Vallis goes in front of Rock
10.jpg

More plants around the quartz and cave
12.jpg

Plants ready for small bogwood
13.jpg

More planting by the rocks
14.jpg

Most of the plants in now