• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Osaka overhaul

Hi T,lovely tank mate plants look realy healthy,the bylxa in tank is not as green as yours,mine seems to be light red/gold on the very tips of the leaves,
regards john.

TBRO said:
Increased TPN again and the plants are going nuts

Awesome looking tank TBRO, all the plants all look really lush and healthy! Did you notice any difference in the colour of the plants (more green i mean) since increasing the TPN dosage? Im considering upping the dosage in my tank but wasnt sure if would have any ill effects on the livestock!?

TBRO said:
Added some rasbora brigittae which have disappeared into the undergrowth, they nip out at feeding time but still shy.

I'm experiencing the same with some Serpea Tetras that I've just added.... They venture out after the lights go out but spend all day (lights on) hidden in the undergrowth. Have your Rasboras reappeared yet?

Loving this.. Would love a floating plant myself, especially one that flowers!
fishtank046.jpg

Cheers

Dan

Thanks for the comments Dan and John. My blyxa was quite gold/yellow but turned more green as I turned up the TPN, also the replanted specimens look the greenest.

As above my plants certainly did get greener as I gradually increased the TPN, the carpeting plants especially improved. The fish seem healthy as do the shrimps, the rasboras are still shy but have coloured up nicley. The floating plant isn't actually whats flowering it's the thin vallis like plant in the midground, it sent up a 40 cm shoot with multiple white flowers. Just thrown out loads of my frogbit but you're welcome too some in about a month, when it grows back.

My tank currently has some mossy bogwood in it, maturing for a nano I hope to set up. Until my hand heals it's a bit of a jungle, can't wait to trim the rotala (didn't realise quite how luminous the green is!)

fishtank048.jpg

fishtank055.jpg

fishtank057.jpg

Hello all,

Just got back from a two week break, left the tank on full auto with my brother dropping by to dose ferts now and then. Got in expecting to find a bit of an algae mess but found a compleate jungle. Water level was several inches down and the rotala has changed to emergant growth. The fish seem fine, auto-feeder has worked nicley the rasbora are a bit more confident, even managed a distant picture. Will post some full tank shots later before a epic trim is in order. I was sad to miss the day out at the TGM will try and make the next one, cheers T

costaricachicago005.jpg

Welcolm to the Jungle

costaricachicago002.jpg

No space underwater - Just grow out the top

costaricachicago003.jpg

Shy Rasbora

fishtank061.jpg

Hard to tell what is winning on the carpet

Hi everyone,

Last post with this scape. The blyxa just got too much for me so I ripped loads out and whats left does not really please me. Got some nice moss growing on the big stone despite my SAEs nibbling. Think the next scape will go down the nature - mossy scene style
Hope people enjoyed this scape as much as I have. Signing off - Tom B 8)

fishtank087.jpg

fishtank088.jpg

TBRO said:
Hi everyone,

Last post with this scape. The blyxa just got too much for me so I ripped loads out and whats left does not really please me. Got some nice moss growing on the big stone despite my SAEs nibbling. Think the next scape will go down the nature - mossy scene style
Hope people enjoyed this scape as much as I have. Signing off - Tom B 8)

fishtank087.jpg

Love this pic of your scape, really like the look of it shame you have let it go.

are they rasboras brigittea? if so, i found these to be very very shy and eventually removed them from my main 240L and put them in a smaller 120L.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I have enjoyed the scape and I've learned loads. Just feel it's time to trysomthing different. The low carpet looks mind of weird in such a tall tank and blyxa is just too much work for me :oops: (so i'll have some more to get rid of if anyone wants some).

Yeah Nick they are R.briggate and yes they are really shy, not like I even have any big fish to scare them, I've got about 20 but they rarley venture out of the blyxa. Might try some in my nano but want to give the shrimps a go first.

Cheers, Tom

Back