• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oto behaviour

The issue I had with ottos is that we have to pay about $20 EACH. I bought 8 over the last year but lost 4. It's an expensive exercise. Looks like we should keep a school in each tank rather than a few.

Another update. I still have two who spend most of their time on the side of the tank amongst the Anubias roots with the rest still behind the ornament.

We had a power cut this morning and within 40 mins I had
33f51e3a19667cc2fc70ce38f5b2d98c.jpg

(There is another just out of shot)

This is the front corner of the tank and they don't seem massively bothered by me sticking my phone in their faces. Makes me think that flow, temperature or lighting aren't particularly to their liking.

They do seem to like dimmer periods - I would say mine are more active morning/evening when my lights are out of ramping up/down. I wouldn't have thought you lost too much heat in 40 minutes? Worth experimenting with light though - see if you get the same effect with just those off instead of everything.

Back