• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Otocinclus fry!!! I can't believe it!

When I have sucessfully exterminated all my precious CRS even with RO water, my otocinclus has successfully bred in the same tank after neglecting it for 1 month! I thought it was some water flea initially till I look at it closer and the close resemblance to it parents and the style it sucks onto the wall, I'm pretty sure it's an oto fry! More picture to follow. Too bad I don't have a proper macro lens.

I had a brief head count earlier on and I've found about 12 so far. there could be more hiding in bogwood and moss. Will update on the growth soon.

Otocinclus affinis are the hardest to tank breed but other variety's of Otocinclus are not that hard AFAIK, so I guess it depends on which variety of Otocinclus you have. Pretty cool anyway.

Fantastic news. I've seen mine doing pre-spawning behaviour but never any eggs. It's a very rare event to get fry. Make sure they don't starve! It's often the case that captive bred fish are easier to breed than wild ones so your fish might be easier to breed once they mature! Good luck!

Back