• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Otocinclus Vestitus Fry

good work mate!

Re: I HAVE BABIES!

LondonDragon said:
Congrats, I have both of those species in my tank for ages and none ever bred! Could it be something else?
I did send some moss to tk187 the other day and he ended up with 7 guppy fry in his tank LOL

Hey Ld thanks for the mosses, and there were more than 7 last count i believe i seen 15. Not sure what im gonna do with them?? Any ideas or does anybody want them, hey i could post them back to you....hehe :lol:

thanks
It's in a breeding net in the main tank, I don't have a spare tank anymore.

They seem to spawn in cooler water and found the eggs and fry a day after a water change.
I have noticed in the past few days some signs that they've been having nocturnal fun but no eggs found as yet. These haven't been around recently but my co2 injection has been playing up until a few days ago.

My females, maybe three, are very heavy with eggs and have been for a while.

I don't think I've done anything special to get them to spawn, I must just have kinky Ottos!

I'm sorry to announce that whilst continuing to feed the same items, Baby Otto passed away yesterday.

Obviously, not sure what happened, but am rather upset as this is my first fry that I've attempted to raise.

The Ottos have been making new babies but not been able to catch the eggs yet, so next time I might be successful.

The only thing different would be to have a small aquarium solely for the fry.

Hard luck mate, was looking good, maybe they will breed again soon ;)
What I find about those maternity units is that they are not ideal to have fish in them for a long time, water doesn't seem to move through them pretty well. Would have done better on its own tank really, but thats a bit of a pain to setup just for one fry! Better luck next time.

I had the same problem with ottos fry. I had about 20 of them and despite normal feed, fry feed, powder feed, algae feed, they still succumb. I could see them emaciating away prior to their doom though. I reckon it's the food and they are not eating

I think they need diatoms or green water, have you tried either?

nope I think that was the problem. the tank was a BB tank with low lighting. Guess not much diatom and green water either.

Back