• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ottocinclus

Otocinclus can indeed live for 5 years, sometimes six. I would recommend a group of at least five.

Be very careful with your Otos though. Don't assume that they can get all their food from your tank. They will only eat certain types of algae and then once that's run out you may find some casualties!!!!!

Make sure you supplement their diet to avoid this.

Andy

SuperColey1 said:
Be very careful with your Otos though. Don't assume that they can get all their food from your tank. They will only eat certain types of algae and then once that's run out you may find some casualties!!!!!

Andy

Yes Andy. They're making light work of the algae that is in there so am keeping an eye if they go for the algae pellets or discs.

Will also try them on cucumber tomorrow too.

Superman said:
SuperColey1 said:

Andy

Yes Andy. They're making light work of the algae that is in there so am keeping an eye if they go for the algae pellets or discs.

Will also try them on cucumber tomorrow too.

Get some stones (I use ADA riccia stones as they are flat) put them in a shallow tub of old tank water on a windowsil, and you have the best food supply for your ottos constantly! Just drop one into the tank when needed. They love it! :D

I have some like that, they love my tanks, lots of algae to eat :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some look like they are going to explode, gotta love oto's

JOHNNY

Caught a few more snaps of my Ottos...

2008-07-25001.jpg

2008-07-25002.jpg

2008-07-25003.jpg

2008-07-25004.jpg

2008-07-25005.jpg

2008-07-25006.jpg

2008-07-25007.jpg

2008-07-25008.jpg

Lovely pics mate! Reminds of of those "yo momma so fat" jokes :lol: (which I'm allowed to use without offence cos I am one of those myself lol)

Here's my fatest one - been told it's full of eggs, but they've never spawned to my knowledge.

IMG_1032.jpg

Back