otto's

Discussion in 'Fish' started by soton_dave, 24 Apr 2009.

1. soton_dave

soton_dave Member

not sure where i read it of even if i read it rite,but do otto's eat brown algae?
    ive got a few spots in my tank mainly on anubias leaves and was wondering if ott's would help clear it up.the algae comes off easily enough with a rub but thought it would be better for the plant/tank to get a fish rather than keep disturbing things.
    ive got 4 sae's in the tank at the moment,would the otto's be ok with these?how many should i get my tanks about 150-160ish litres.

cheers dave

2. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

yes they eat diatoms, and it is best to introduce them when there is diatoms available as they usually die from starvation when introduced.

I would get about 10 as they are only small - depending on other stocking.

3. Yellow Fellow

Yellow Fellow Newly Registered

Yeah, i agree with Aaron, Plus 10 should be ok. There bio waste isnt 2 bad either cos there so small.

I have 5 in my 140 litre, but there backed up by a rather large Sailfin Plec called Jeffrey. My ottos eat pretty much everything except for BBA and Staghorn.