• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

out door moss. spore bearing organs...i think

Mark Evans

Expert
here's a slice of moss I got from outdoors. i've looked at moss and liverworts pages on line, and from what I can gather the long thing is it's spore bearing part. :shifty: I'm not the best on technical and factual stuff.

mosssporebearingorgan.jpg

Yep, those are called sporophytes. Nice detailed photo :) Did you put the black background there when taking the photo or...?

I have the most expensive studio in the world....not. :lol:

aquaticmaniac said:
Did you put the black background there when taking the photo or...?

i've got a cheap old photo holder which is just above A3 size. point one light @ the subject and that's it leah. :D

nothing fancy with these magnifications....oooo, the box is from gucci! :lol: not really.

Thanks for the info on the sporophytes. ;)

IMG_3917-01.jpg

IMG_3916-01.jpg

IMG_3915-01.jpg

Just an update on this thread.

These images are from the same clump of moss. It's endured wind, rain, severe ice and snow.

The clump.

IMG_9982shed.jpg

some close ups.

IMG_9948shed.jpg

IMG_9944shed.jpg

IMG_9978shed.jpg

I'm amazed at how they've changed form.

thanks for looking.

mark

some more to the series.

The first 2 images are of a different moss. They all seem to be chucking these organs out now.

for some reason, i cant get swans out of my head. maybe its how they look.

green1.jpg

the water droplets were to keep them moist.

green-2.jpg

The second organ is my fave. lovely colours don't you think? also the first image was 'dry' notice the end is open.

red2.jpg

the second, i sprayed to keep moist and over a period of 60 seconds it closed up. This maybe a great chance to doa macro HD vid, then increase the play time. maybe like time-lapse.

red1.jpg

Back