• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Out of date salts?

Melv85

Seedling
As the title suggests,

I’ve got some old ei salts (apfuk)
Not been used in well over 5 years, is this something I need to worry about, do they go off or out of date or anything?

Thanks

I just started using my 6-7 year old stock! have no issues so far ;)
If they have been sealed and kept in a cool place I don't see it being a problem!

Hi all,
Not been used in well over 5 years, is this something I need to worry about, do they go off or out of date or anything?
No, you are fine if they are dry, even if they aren't 99% of them will be exactly the same when they dry out as they were before they got wet.

Like @LondonDragon says they literally are <"good for all of eternity">.

cheers Darrel

Actually some of mine I purchased from Aquaessentials when they sold them back in the day! those might actually date back to 2008!! lol there is not much left of those now but still using some!

My house is damp and my sodium metabisulphite powder exploded out of it's sealed bag. I think I last used it to make wine, but I am suffering from memory loss and have no idea when that was :rolleyes: - definitely last year maybe. I would look into kilner jars, and just bung your packets into a large one.

Back